Hopper didn't update

hexed666

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 10, 2011
Costa Rica
hocked up my new Hopper today, all went well, it passed through all the steps in the wizard and when i got the message to call to get the thing authenticated I called Dish. No problem there either, BUT the Hopper didn't turn on, however he did load the guide but all in red like not subscribed except the SCI channel, this comes in once in a while. I tuned the Hopper off for hours, did the reset, unplugged and so on but no success. Then checked the software version and this is still s0.. , short, it didn't update, before activation but showed " green" in the wizard.

What to do now, can i reset the hopper to original factory condition somehow and try again ? Should I asked them for a re-hit ?

Tx

did this but it didn't work, I had it there for about 3 hours on 72w and 77w just now and earlier for about 4 hours on 72w, 77w and 129w. Any other idea or maybe more time ?

did this but it didn't work, I had it there for about 3 hours on 72w and 77w just now and earlier for about 4 hours on 72w, 77w and 129w. Any other idea or maybe more time ?

I'm not sure which sats are spooling software but maybe it's 119 and 61.5? Can you pick up 110 and 119 instead since you have 129? At least with factory software I would probably not mix arcs.

Tx, I had the same thought but I did 3 Hoppers before with the same setup and didn't had any problems, neither with Hoppers or Joeys. Thinking about it, when I was in the wizard mode, the software update part went very quick, the others toke much longer. I think the hopper just skipped the update, confirmed it somehow and then got confused with the activation. When i login into the online account, I cannot get to the programming section, I get the message that the setup is not completed. It is like half way, something in between. I can watch one channel, see all others as not subscribed and get the message that the receiver is not authorized.

Maybe those other boxes that worked with this setup had newer factory versions of software. Can you pick up 110 and 119 or can you pick up 61.5 instead of 129? For some reason I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the sat matrix you have and that specific factory version of software. It should have taken the update, so I think this is something more in depth.

Tx, Yes, I can get those but have no dish aligned to them right now. I have to do this on the weekend, have to go on the roof for this. Again, thanks for the advice !

Given the standard minimum shouldn't it require either 61.5+72 or 110+119. Once updated then choose what you want.
The final should include these with 77 where your locals are on the eastern arc if any or 129 for HD on the western arc.
First get the software update.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)