Hopper Died - What will backup restore for me?

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I turned on the TV this evening for the news and got the "Hopper is starting up" page. The slide would go away for a couple of seconds and then come back... over and over again. I tried the red reset button... no luck, same deal. I pulled the plug for about 15 seconds, then 10 minutes... still no help. I think the hard drive died.

I called Dish. A new Hopper is being shipped to me and should be here in 4 to 5 days. Only problem is that all of my timers and recordings will be gone. :(

Do any of you know if the back up data stored in my remote will restore the timers? I have no idea what the backup saves.

Thanks.

Larry
SF

I know when I upgraded to a HWS, yes the timers were backed up, Hope it workes out for you!

The new HWS arrived yesterday. As advised, my settings and timers were all restored from my remote, as well as all of the local stations received by the OTA dongle. It was a huge time saver!

Larry
SF

it also backs up any parental settings (locked channels, pin# and so on)
also did you know the hopper backs up the remote settings (like tv codes ect) that can be loaded into a replacement remote?

It appears that it saves every setting in the Hopper. I was surprised to see that my new unit was set up exactly like my old one. As I said above, it saved me huge amount of time!

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts