Hopper Guide Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimbo Earles

Original poster
Jan 6, 2021
Louisiana, USA
My hopper randomly changed the guide size yesterday. It enlarged it to the point that it is cutting off info on the left and the right. Large font size option is OFF. I switched it to on and back to off with no changes. At the same time, my OTA channels disappeared from my guide and my "favorites" guide disappeared. Also the guide is very blurry / pixelated. The actual picture when watching live and recorded shows seems to be fine...just the guide issue. Any experience with this??

My hopper randomly changed the guide size yesterday. It enlarged it to the point that it is cutting off info on the left and the right. Large font size option is OFF. I switched it to on and back to off with no changes. At the same time, my OTA channels disappeared from my guide and my "favorites" guide disappeared. Also the guide is very blurry / pixelated. The actual picture when watching live and recorded shows seems to be fine...just the guide issue. Any experience with this??
Have you tried a pull the cord reset?

With that much getting deleted and/or reset, it sounds like someone did a Factory Reset on your Hopper. You can change the Screen Adjustment setting by going to:
Menu > Settings > TV > Adjust Screen

Follow the instructions on that screen to zoom and/or nudge the circles in the corners of the screen, until all four circles are completely visible, but still touching the edge of the screen. This will properly adjust the guide and menus to fit your TV screen.

Also, from Menu > Settings > TV
Make sure Video Resolution is set to 1080p or 1080i (or the maximum resolution that your TV will support). This may help with the blurriness issue that you are seeing in the guide.

With that much getting deleted and/or reset, it sounds like someone did a Factory Reset on your Hopper. You can change the Screen Adjustment setting by going to:

Follow the instructions on that screen to zoom and/or nudge the circles in the corners of the screen, until all four circles are completely visible, but still touching the edge of the screen. This will properly adjust the guide and menus to fit your TV screen.

Make sure Video Resolution is set to 1080p or 1080i (or the maximum resolution that your TV will support). This may help with the blurriness issue that you are seeing in the guide.
I do have a 7 year old!!! I will try this. Thanks!!

Reactions: pattykay

Great info! I am admittedly technically challenged and this fixed my problem. Had to adjust the circle thingys AND the resolution was set to like 420 or something really low! Set it to 1080 and now all is well!! Thanks again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts