Hopper Guide Question - Channel List

macphreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Indiana
I am new to the Dish network (just received the new Hopper a few days ago and it is working great so far!).

One question I had was this - on my old system, there was a way to bring up the guide, arrow over to the channel number, press a button, and then a list of shows would come up that would be limited to that one channel. It made it easy to find everything I wanted to record for a certain channel without having to arrow over multiple times in the main guide.

I was wondering if the Hopper had this capability? If not, where is the best place for me to post any suggestions or feedback for future enhancements I would like to see?

Thanks!

p.s. Is there any blog or anywhere I can find information on beta releases of the software or what they are currently working on, etc? Already saw the cool video of the concept remote control. I'm crossing my fingers for that one!

No, have never seen that with any incarnation of Dish receiver (I don't have a Hoppa). That would be a nice feature.

The closest the Dish receivers have to what you are asking for is when you press the RIGHT arrow key while watching TV. You can then type in a channel number and it will have the listings for only that channel. They're still in chronological order though. You can also use search to find the shows you want.

As far as beta tests, Dish doesn't have any public beta releases (some will argue that all of us are beta testers.) Your best bet is frequenting this site, there are other sat sites and support.dish.com is Dish's official forum.

There are hopefully more features coming to Hopper soon which may include OTA, manual timers and soft delete (recycle bin.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Welcome to Satelliteguys :everybodydance: 3HaloODST is right, you will get more out of your system by sticking around here and looking for information. Great info to be found and great talk too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts