Hopper Install Issues!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Well going on 6hrs try 2 different Hoppers ran new cable tried 2 different Nodes try 2 different LBN's everytime the tech boots the Hopper up it goes to a Check Switch Screen 833 then got to 015 screen Satellite X.. Called Advance Support they said Go to Settings then hit Factory Default once the 833 Screen comes up and wait 15 minutes. Then once it gets to 085 screen to call and have it activated which does not make any sense.. We have power cycle the Hopper so forth Tech said it should go to a setup remote screen. Installer siad he never ran into this issue before.. He tested all 3 Sat's 119,110,129 at 100% at this point this has turned into a bad day... Dish Anyone have any ideas?????

Alright. Try unplugging both Hoppers, plug one back in after about 10 seconds, if it goes to 833 let it finish. If it still gets stuck on 015, do a front panel reset, manual check switch, and finally another reset to get to the installation wizard.

Alright. Try unplugging both Hoppers, plug one back in after about 10 seconds, if it goes to 833 let it finish. If it still gets stuck on 015, do a front panel reset, manual check switch, and finally another reset to get to the installation wizard.

I only have one Hopper this is the second one we are trying due to we wanted to make sure it was not a hardware issue with the 1st one. I will only have one hopper and one joey.

Oh I misread your "second hopper" reference. At any rate, do what I mentioned with the Hopper.

By the way, Hopper installation is indeed a big mess for many people. I blame it on the factory firmware, they need to update it like heck. Once you get it going and it downloads the latest firmware, things will go a lot smoother.

EDIT: Just dug around on my computer for installation-related materials. Check out the following document, hopefully it will be helpful :-

View attachment Hopper-Joey Troubleshooting.doc

Last edited:
When we try a manual switch test we get Reception Error its like its not getting signal when we know the Dish is.

Oh I misread your "second hopper" reference. At any rate, do what I mentioned with the Hopper.

By the way, Hopper installation is indeed a big mess for many people. I blame it on the factory firmware, they need to update it like heck. Once you get it going and it downloads the latest firmware, things will go a lot smoother.

EDIT: Just dug around on my computer for installation-related materials. Check out the following document, hopefully it will be helpful :-

View attachment 79063

So you've tried everything I suggested and everything suggested in the document I attached? If so, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions other than the usual check LNBs check dish alignment check cable connections check cable quality replace node etc... Are there any wall jacks or other such items in between the Hopper and the node, or the node and the dish for that matter? I'm guessing you have a 1000.2, 2 lines of RG6 running to a Solo Node, and RG6 running to the Hopper from the HOST port? Joey on CLIENT? If the Joey is connected to the node, it needs to be disconnected and the power unplugged until the Hopper can actually see live TV.

Boot Strap 1211 NACD Software Version is 5051

S051 is the factory firmware. So, what are the EXACT details of what the Hopper does when you unplug for 10 seconds then replug? Does the 833 come up? Does the 833 finish? It just gets stuck on 015 after the 833?

Last edited:
So you've tried everything I suggested and everything suggested in the document I attached? If so, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions... I'm guessing you have a 1000.2, 2 lines of RG6 running to a Solo Node, and RG6 running to the Hopper from the HOST port?

Yes also when it powers up it goes to 833 but continually stays on 1 of 1 and never goes to 1 of 4.. Then goes to 015 and on the Satellite has a X and cycles through transponders..

So you've tried everything I suggested and everything suggested in the document I attached? If so, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions other than the usual check LNBs check dish alignment check cable connections check cable quality replace node etc... Are there any wall jacks or other such items in between the Hopper and the node, or the node and the dish for that matter? I'm guessing you have a 1000.2, 2 lines of RG6 running to a Solo Node, and RG6 running to the Hopper from the HOST port? Joey on CLIENT? If the Joey is connected to the node, it needs to be disconnected and the power unplugged until the Hopper can actually see live TV.

S051 is the factory firmware. So, what are the EXACT details of what the Hopper does when you unplug for 10 seconds then replug? Does the 833 come up? Does the 833 finish? It just gets stuck on 015 after the 833?

After we unplug it comes up to the Dish Startup Screen then goes to the 833 screen goes through 1of 1 but nerver gets to 1 of 4 then it goes to 015 to look got Satellites just says Satellite X..

Alright now we may be getting somewhere... So the check switch is not completing successfully. Any sort of wall jacks or anything of the sort between the Hopper and the node? Or the dish and the node for that matter?

Alright now we may be getting somewhere... So the check switch is not completing successfully. Any sort of wall jacks or anything of the sort between the Hopper and the node? Or the dish and the node for that matter?

Right the check switch is not completing and there are No wall jacks or anything between the Hopper and the node nor the Dish and node.

The Joey is not connected to the coax at all either, right? This is one crazy install... I had issues with the installation of my 3 Hoppers, but power cord reboots and factory defaults fixed all issues.

Hmm...

Perhaps try yet another factory defaults... Wish I could say more, but we've pretty much done all the known troubleshooting steps... Replace Hopper yet again? Hell I'm baffled...

So if all cables are replaced with new cables, and 2 lines are ran from the dish outputs to the node inputs, ONLY the Hopper is connected to the node HOST port, Joey is NOT connected yet, Hopper is power cord rebooted, 833 shows up but does not do 4 steps, 015 shows up, you've rebooted the Hopper after the 015, ran a manual check switch, still doesn't work, then I really can't imagine what the issue is. Especially since you have replaced the Hopper once already...

All I can think of is to analyze the manual check switch. So... At the check switch screen, it states that you have a Solo Node, Switch is DPP 1k.2, but it states Recption Error?

Dumb question, but you never know... Did you try clicking Test? Is "Alternate" also Off? If so, how about clicking Details? What device is listed? Are there any sats listed at all? Do any of the ports say No Connection? Be sure and check all three inputs.

Yeah I have never had a issue with a install this is my first the tech said he never had this much of a issue as with the Hopper. He left for the night and he took it back to their office it worked fine there so the only thing we have not changed out is the Dish itself so he bringing another one tomorrow..

The Joey is not connected to the coax at all either, right? This is one crazy install... I had issues with the installation of my 3 Hoppers, but power cord reboots and factory defaults fixed all issues.

Hmm...

Perhaps try yet another factory defaults... Wish I could say more, but we've pretty much done all the known troubleshooting steps... Replace Hopper yet again? Hell I'm baffled...

So if all cables are replaced with new cables, and 2 lines are ran from the dish outputs to the node inputs, ONLY the Hopper is connected to the node HOST port, Joey is NOT connected yet, Hopper is power cord rebooted, 833 shows up but does not do 4 steps, 015 shows up, you've rebooted the Hopper after the 015, ran a manual check switch, still doesn't work, then I really can't imagine what the issue is. Especially since you have replaced the Hopper once already...

All I can think of is to analyze the manual check switch. So... At the check switch screen, it states that you have a Solo Node, Switch is DPP 1k.2, but it states Recption Error?

Dumb question, but you never know... Did you try clicking Test? Is "Alternate" also Off? If so, how about clicking Details? What device is listed? Are there any sats listed at all? Do any of the ports say No Connection? Be sure and check all three inputs.

I will have to the "Test and look at the Alternate also I will check the details as well.

Hmm...

Good luck! Be sure and report back if you get it going... I'm curious to know what the problem was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)