Hopper Installation Training Materials

Receiver Fees
$7.00 You have a Hopper 2000 receiver on your account.
$7.00 You have a Joey 1.0 receiver on your account.​
Whole Home DVR Service Fee $4.00 You have a Whole Home DVR Hopper 2000 on your account

Notice this doesn't say "Additional Receiver fees", just "Receiver Fees", a separate section. Interpreting that, it comes to $7 + $7 + $4 + $6 DVR fee = $24 for a single H/J pair. Now if the first hopper IS free, it is still $17 compared to just $6 for a single dual-tuner ViP receiver.

By the time I read it a third time it looks like your right.wow! DISH.. fees because we can?.:rolleyes:

I switched from D* to E* last November. I had D* Whole Home with Cinema Kit and it worked fine. However my D* system needed 2 Power Inserters, a DECA module for each receiver and another DECA for the Cinema Kit. This solution looks much cleaner than the D* one. From looking at the jpegs it looks like I'm going to get a 2 Hopper/1 Joey with no isolation. Looks like an easy conversion. I've got my credit card at the ready waiting to pull the trigger.

The way it looks,if you thought DISH receiver fees are high?,you ain't seen nothin yet.:eek::rolleyes:

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/residential-agreement.pdf

What are you trying to point out at that link. Other than the Hopper/Joey/MRV fees, the others are all as they've been for quite some time.

Only fee question at this point is do you pay a fee for the 1st Hopper.

What are you trying to point out at that link. Other than the Hopper/Joey/MRV fees, the others are all as they've been for quite some time.

Only fee question at this point is do you pay a fee for the 1st Hopper.

Unless the residential home agreement is a misprint,it looks like DISH may charge for the first Hopper and first Joey?.Hope I'm wrong.:confused:

The way it looks,if you thought DISH receiver fees are high?,you ain't seen nothin yet.:eek::rolleyes:

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/residential-agreement.pdf

Looks to be $24 a month for one Hopper and one Joey to me. I know I won't be participating. I'll go to Direct first before paying that. What the heck is a
"with DVR" programming package? Pretty sorry situation if this is true and I have no reason to believe it's not since it's in their RSA.. Time will tell and Dish will pick you clean..

That's the question, will they charge a receiver fee for the 1st unit? The link indicates they will, but they haven't in the past, so you have to wonder.

If they don't, then the cost to have a Hopper and 1 joey is $7 for Joey+$4 for MRV+$6 for DVR (or is that $7?).

That is similar to what D* charges for the same thing.

I won't believe that agreement until Dish officially gives me the pricing info. I'm not saying it's not going to be correct but I just don't trust it.

Are the "nodes" outdoor rated ? Or, will Dish use outdoor enclosures ? If so, it would make for some extremely easy swap-outs on 2-TV (maybe more) systems using Duo receivers.

Are the "nodes" outdoor rated ? Or, will Dish use outdoor enclosures ? If so, it would make for some extremely easy swap-outs on 2-TV (maybe more) systems using Duo receivers.

I'm pretty sure I saw that they can be put outside. I'm assuming that's what the purpose of the Taps are. Put the Node outside by the Dish and still use the single cable going into the house. Then connect to the Tap and that splits one cable to the Hopper and the other to the splitter for the Joeys. At least that's my interpretation of it.

With all the other things that have been wrong on the newly launched site, the RA could also be one of them....hoping.

nelson61 said:
The frequency diagrams indicate that 3 satellite feeds use up all the available stacking bandwidth on the cable.

Let's not confuse satellite feeds with orbitals that one is receiving. Dpp44 switch utilizing all four orbital INPUTS will work fine using 3 of the OUTPUTS, just have to make sure power inserter is used before node. Preferably I'd use outputs 2,3,4 going to duo node with port 1 connected to power inserter by itself, or as one of the diagrams indicates feeding a non hopper receiver.

It shows a single-node coming directly from an LNB for a single-hooper/single-joey setup. But, I would need to continue using my DPP44 switch with that setup because I have a 1000+ setup for International channels.

So, can I just hook two outputs from the DPP44 to the single-node inputs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)