Hopper Installation Training Materials

My home has an extensive interior network. Each of my 16 jack locations consists of double homerun RG6 coax and double homerun CAT6 ethernet already installed along with amateur radio equiptment that is properly installed and protected per code. You can now imagine what my "closet" looks like. I need to know this "stuff" because it is my property and I will not allow a complete stranger to touch it without knowing exactly what and how it will be installed.

I more urgently need to know how many coaxial runs will need to be installed between the dish and switch and/or node. I will be self-installing the RG6 coax through my exterior wall.

It could be up to four depending on the installation.

Diagrams are here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/277416-hopper-installation-training-materials.html

For those that want to see the updated setups. Page 7 is for those that want to keep the tailgater, that is if dish will allow that setup in the future. View attachment 74711

The diagram only shows they know how to share a dish, not that they will allow a single account, unless you know something we don't.

You will need two (or three) coax cables going from the Dish or switch to the solo (or dual) "node", and from there one (or two) coax cables going from the node to one (or two) Hoppers. Also from the node you need one (or two) coax cables going to the Joey locations.

I would future proof the installation by running 3 cables from the dish to your closet. That is unless you want international channels AS WELL AS more receivers than just two Hoppers.

The diagram only shows they know how to share a dish, not that they will allow a single account, unless you know something we don't.

I just figured that since it said "tailgater" as well as "optional VIP receiver" in that setup, the way I interpret that is that Dish could possibly allow a tailgater without the need of a separate account. That's just the way I see it, but there's a chance that I could be totally wrong.

I just figured that since it said "tailgater" as well as "optional VIP receiver" in that setup, the way I interpret that is that Dish could possibly allow a tailgater without the need of a separate account. That's just the way I see it, but there's a chance that I could be totally wrong.
I hope your right, but being devil's advocate, it could just mean they know they have to allow the VIP to work inside the home if you are paying for a separate account. I hope they come to a better solution though.

JM42 said:
I hope your right, but being devil's advocate, it could just mean they know they have to allow the VIP to work inside the home if you are paying for a separate account. I hope they come to a better solution though.

As I have said before Dish has MANY customers who also have RV or 5th wheel receivers running off tripods. I find it unlikely they'd deny those the opportunity to upgrade their recs at their house due to their mobile account... Nor bully them into getting a separate account for it. Upgrading an account with a mobile 211 and a stationary 722 to a 3 or 6 bedroom stationary opens the potential for alot of additional revenue. They would be wise to just migrate the 211 to the new setup with the Hoppers and Joeys. Why would they voluntarily shoot themselves in the foot?

Sent from my fingers.

I have asked this question since they announced the rules and still haven't heard any news of any movement.

If it were me customer would be allowed to keep one (and only one) ViP receiver on their Hopper account.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have asked this question since they announced the rules and still haven't heard any news of any movement.

If it were me customer would be allowed to keep one (and only one) ViP receiver on their Hopper account.

Exactly! Now QUICKLY lock the thread before we go through 2 pages of the same all over again!!!

Sent from my fingers.

As I have said before Dish has MANY customers who also have RV or 5th wheel receivers running off tripods.
Another way to look at this is the person who occasionally uses a satellite receiver in his RV might well be better off with the Pay-As-You-Go plan and only pay for the second subscription when it is used. The receiver has to be purchased.

For the full-timer, this is not an issue as the RV is the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts