Hopper Installation Training Materials

I claim it is possible (via two accounts) to put 1 Hopper and 2 612's on one DPP44. With two Hoppers, you need 3 DPP outputs which could be done with two DPP44s or (theoretically) one DPP44 and one DPP33 cascaded off the DPP44.

Yeah I would want 2 hoppers eventually. 1 hopper/joey and 2 ViPs could get away with a single DPP44 and a Solo Node. Here's what I want:

dreamsetup.png

Should work, but damn Dish! I hope they don't keep their stupid rules forever...

EDIT: Revised diagram.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Are these Taps something special for DISH or can you go out and buy them like you can cable splitters?

They're quite different. Doubt they will ever be at WalMart but same vendors as a diplexor or for that matter more likely anywhere a triplexor can be attained.

Sent from my fingers.

A question for the savvy minds here:
I have three separate dishes, pointing at 110, 119, 61.5. With a DishPro single LNBF in each, will I be able to connect these three inputs directly to a Duo node?

My guess is that the cheapest way to go would be to add a DPP33. The Hopper solo node needs 2 DPP antenna inputs, while the dual node requires all 3, so theoretically this should work. The installation diagrams in this thread show a DPP44 switch working, so that would be the high-priced way to go.

BTW - you don't have much HD left on 61.5 in PR...

And I suspect Dish will insist you change your hybrid configuration to an arc.

Thanks guys!
You will need a DPP44 or a DPP33.

My guess is that the cheapest way to go would be to add a DPP33. The Hopper solo node needs 2 DPP antenna inputs, while the dual node requires all 3, so theoretically this should work. The installation diagrams in this thread show a DPP44 switch working, so that would be the high-priced way to go.

BTW - you don't have much HD left on 61.5 in PR...
That's correct.

And I suspect Dish will insist you change your hybrid configuration to an arc.
Yep, suspect as much.

One last (for now) question: If all my connections are legacy (a lot in PR are), will installer be required to change to DPP at no extra cost? That would include LBNFs and DPP switch, plus the nodes, etc that H/J need...

Thanks a lot!

One last (for now) question: If all my connections are legacy (a lot in PR are), will installer be required to change to DPP at no extra cost? That would include LBNFs and DPP switch, plus the nodes, etc that H/J need...

Yes, the Hopper will only work with DPP equipment. DP and Legacy are not compatible.

well, here is my question, if it needs 3 hookups from a switch, why doesn't it have 6 tuners? That would have been so much better. The switch can support that since if you had 3 722ks hooked up with the sat diplexer you have 6 tuners. Also saw nothing about OTA support, is it correct that the hopper cannot get ota? That might be a deal breaker as dish does not have CW or PBS in hd.

Supposedly OTA tuners are coming, but won't be supported at release. The 3 feeds are to feed the dual node and 2 Hoppers. One Hopper can get by with a solo node and 2 DPP switch feeds.

Two coax for single. Three for dual node. So when you go to 6 tuners, you need 3 coax.

USB OTA is expected.

I am preparing my residence for a first time DISH+Hopper install.
I plan to order America's Everything Pak + International package, 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys.

I need to know what type of dish will need to be installed (1000.2, 1000.4,... what's the differences)?
The number of coax runs needed from the dish.
What associated switch and/or node and splitter(s) will be needed.

Looking forward to March 15th!

Why do you need to know any of that stuff? They will not let you install it yourself.

Regarding the dish, I predict a 1000+, or if you are in an Eastern Arc (only) DMA, a 1000.4 and a 500+.

So I would like to know is with hopper can you pick from dual mode or single mode? My wife wanted to know what the differences are? I have the 722k and I changed it to single mode and noticed that with one show recording I could watch another live programming. In dual mode it wouldn't let me change to a live program even though I only had one show recording. So with an over the air antenna I know you can 2 more tuners so when the support gets on hopper for that will hipper display that you have 5 tuners available?

No, there is no Dual/Single mode on the Hopper. All that does on the 722k is dedicate both tuners to the TV1 location and makes the TV2 location a mirror of TV1. You would be unable to watch something different in the 2 locations in single mode. No one really knows how the OTA is going to integrate into the Hopper yet.

Why do you need to know any of that stuff? They will not let you install it yourself.

Regarding the dish, I predict a 1000+, or if you are in an Eastern Arc (only) DMA, a 1000.4 and a 500+.

My home has an extensive interior network. Each of my 16 jack locations consists of double homerun RG6 coax and double homerun CAT6 ethernet already installed along with amateur radio equiptment that is properly installed and protected per code. You can now imagine what my "closet" looks like. I need to know this "stuff" because it is my property and I will not allow a complete stranger to touch it without knowing exactly what and how it will be installed.

I more urgently need to know how many coaxial runs will need to be installed between the dish and switch and/or node. I will be self-installing the RG6 coax through my exterior wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts