Hopper installed, both joeys working, no internet

so you can't scroll down on that list and join that third tuner on Dora where it isn't recording?

how about canceling the recording and then rebooting everything including the joeys?

sparc said:
so you can't scroll down on that list and join that third tuner on Dora where it isn't recording?

how about canceling the recording and then rebooting everything including the joeys?

I can scroll down and join the third Dora tuner. But it doesn't cancel the one the Is recording.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

sparc said:
so you can change the channel on that one?

Yep.

If I do though. And u hit the red button, it shows me again what i posted here.

so there's no way to join the first tuner that's recording dora and canceling the recording from any TV in your house?

Yep.

If I do though. And u hit the red button, it shows me again what i posted here.

If you do join the third tuner and change to another channel, it seems like you would have all three tuners working. Dora, ESPN and the channel you changed to. Pressing the red button seems to be telling you the wrong information, but it sounds like you have three tuners used. Maybe I'm not understanding.

Well, we got the system installed, and am able to watch on all three TV's. I currently have the Hopper connected to the router with Ethernet, but when I go to set it up for on demand, it shows DHCP acquired as OK, but server and internet connection as failed. I have tried to reset it a couple of times with no luck.

Any ideas? Everything else plugged into this router works great, and I have tried multiple cables, including ones that I know are good.

It was just installed this morning. I sent the tech on his way as this was his first hopper install, everything else worked great, and I figured I would get great help here.

msmith19802,
I need to get a little more information to help you sort this out. It would be better to have you PM your account info to me, and also the following:
1) Brand and model, with current firmware and software for the Modem
2) Brand and model, with current firmware and software for the Router
3) Internet service provider (ISP)
4) Connection speed up and down

You have connectivity inside the home, but not to the internet.

You said you had tried to rest "it." I assume you mean the Hopper and Joey(s)

Have you checked for a bad port in the router (sometimes a lead in the connectors is tweaked over)?

You may als have something going on at the router, depending on the connection type (DSL, Cable, Satellite Internet) which is affecting connectivity.

Also you could have a firewall setting preventing traffic from getting out.

There may also be a bandwidth issue. If 2 or three people are sharing a 3Mbps connection and you add a 4th device, trying to stream video down, your bandwidth demand could be exceeding your bandwidth availability.

I'll be happy to help you get the connectivity issues worked out though, and I have a great team to help resolve this for you.

I got up this morning hopeful that the internet issue would have resolved itself with time, like some have mentioned, but as of yet, it has not. I will send the DIRT member a PM shortly. Thanks for that.

As to the tuner issue, I am going to play with it some more today. Most likely it was my unfamiliarity with the system that was causing me problems, and last night I was just frustrated.

If I am still having issues, I will report back to you guys. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)