Hopper Installed!

fredp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Williston, Vermont
My lone Hopper was installed yesterday(5/11). Great technician from Dish! When he arrived we did a complete walkaround looking at the dish(EA) and the wiring... Hmm that had to go. Same wiring from 2000. Installed were new wiring and connectors from the dish(2nd floor porch roof back of house) to the basement. From there to the front and up to the living room. The old coaxes were removed as well. Bruce, also noted that I had a corrosion problem on one of the cables next to the dish which he corrected too. Totally professional and just a great guy to talk to about the Hopper. If any of you folks watch Person of Interest, just think Detective Fusco with a DNS shirt! ;) Getting the Hopper up and running was only as long as going thru the setup screens and calling for activation. My account show the new receiver and that it is a purchased unit. Dish is sending a box to me so I can send my old 622 back. Wow these menus sure have changed on the Hopper! Was glad that I could use my Harmony One remote. Didn't even update the remote with a Hopper device type. It all works with my limited experiences so far. Again it was a great install. :D:D

Glad you had a good installer. I didn't. I'm still cleaning up after him and he just left all the old coax still hanging, old connectors hanging and wrapped the cable greater than the 90 degree bend that's allowable so until I found the giant loop, because he was to lazy to cut the cable and crimp on another connector, all Hoppers were losing signal and wouldn't show that MOCA was green. Fixed that, now to figure out why my Joey's are still not on the coax MOCA network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)