Getting the hopper with sling, have a few questions

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hey guys, I am replacing my 922 and 211k with a hopper with sling this tuesday. Went to chat and a rep offered me the HWS and 2 joeys for $50.00 and free movies starz, cinemax and something else free for 3 months.

The main reason is due to the fees increasing on the 22nd for new subs and remote control signal issues with my 922 in tv2.

This is the only receiver that supports the dish transfers app? (I was offered the regular hopper free but I needed a sling adapter so I opted for this one which would cost the same)

I received 2 emails from dish with my receiver numbers(922,211k) stating that they do not need to be returned. Is this true? I am hoping I don't so I can sell them to cover the upgrade cost.

As always thanks for the help!

... remote control signal issues with my 922 in tv2.

This could've been solved by UHF antenna relocation.

This is the only receiver that supports the dish transfers app?

Yes.

I received 2 emails from dish with my receiver numbers(922,211k) stating that they do not need to be returned. Is this true? I am hoping I don't so I can sell them to cover the upgrade cost.

If you purchased these receivers, it is true.

As always thanks for the help!

yw

Well its too late :) at least I convinced the wife to get the hopper. Lets see if I get grandfathered before the 22nd. Install is this tuesday.

The transfer app is only on HWS, Hopper w/sling adaptor will not have this feature. I would double check the return of the equipment as even if you don't have them sent back, they cannot be sold if they are listed as leased. If you did buy them and they show as leased, you should get that corrected asap.

I got the HWS, basically I didn't get the old hopper since it lacked the sling(built in) and I didn't want to buy the adapter.
$50 for the HWS seems like a nice deal and hopefully I'll have the grandfathered monthly fees. My bill will be $88 after taxes (A120,Insurance,Hopper,2 Joeys). with my 922 and 211k I was paying $83.

All of my equipment is leased. As I understand I need to return it. I think its a glitch on dish's part by sending me the emails with the receiver numbers saying they're mines to keep. I will double check with the tech and dish on Tuesday.

You are the first to report HWS for $50.00...usually $100.00, unless they dropped it. I would suggest calling and double-checking that you indeed are getting HWS. Would not be the first time a CSR screwing up an order. Just be on the safe side.

You are the first to report HWS for $50.00...usually $100.00, unless they dropped it. I would suggest calling and double-checking that you indeed are getting HWS. Would not be the first time a CSR screwing up an order. Just be on the safe side.

image-1284170223.jpg
I called about the price they gave me and
I got the $100 charge but the lady said I was special and gave it to me for $50. This is a screenshot of the email I received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)