Hopper internet connection question

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Tomorrow I get the HWS and the "old" Hopper goes to the bedroom. The living room (HWS) has the eth. cable but it'll be roughly 1 week before the Hopper in the bedroom can have a connection (new HSI service install). Thats not a problem is it? If its a big deal I can hook up some power line adapters temp...

All you need to do is go to your network settings, select Moca, hit the blue button, select bridging, and select enable. The Ethernet connected Hopper will supply a connection to the other one over the coax.

10-4, I kinda was thinking that but unsure. I have not kept a close eye on all this Moca stuff with Dish, I know more about the Directv side.

I didn't know about it at first either. The bridging is hidden until you hit the blue button. Also, make sure you only enable it on the Ethernet connected receiver. If you enable it on anything else, it can cause various issues. This will work on a Joey as well if that happens to be the closest thing you have to a network connection. Basically, any of the receivers has the capability to act in the same way as the HIC (Hopper Internet Connector).

Sweet. I will use if for some reason the installer brings it up. I dont see it as a problem but wanted to be sure, and I'll have the old Hopper on internet next week anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts