Hopper Internet connector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The HIC just auto bridges it and takes that step out of the mix. If that's how you are already installed, you would likely gain nothing. For me, my router and modem are on the other side of the house, so I have a HIC straight into the node and it already disperses through the MoCa for my other receivers rg6 clear across my home. Plus will make moving stuff around a lot easier.

So, a little experimenting...
Steup... HWS connected cat6 to router, H2K and 3 joeys on RG6 (duonode/moca), NO HIC.
Laptop connects to HWS via cat6 and HWS provides internet access to laptop connected via cat6/lan.
Laptop connects to H2K via cat6 and H2K provides internet access to laptop connect via cat6/lan via moca to HWS to router.
Laptop connects to Joeys via cat6 but Joeys do not provide internet access to laptop.
Speed via H2K moca was not full direct router speed (150) but did show 80+ with several samples at speedtest, which is as fast as the wireless on 5g freq.
If I had a device without a 5g wan (older laptop, streaming disc player, etc) and wanting faster connection, I would not hestitate to connect it to the H2k moca, which is far end house relative to router.
Darn, I wish I could get the Joeys to provide lan internet access via moca, because I have devices in the Joey rooms that could use the speed of the lan over moca.

Darn, I wish I could get the Joeys to provide lan internet access via moca, because I have devices in the Joey rooms that could use the speed of the lan over moca.
If you were connected via HIC, you could use another one in reverse with the Joeys. Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)