hopper issues

When the Hopper is in its lag/freeze mode, in addition to the No Remotes Connected showing up in the System Info screen, the Secure ID and Transceiver Firmware numbers also do not display. When the Hopper comes out of its lag/freeze mode, remotes and numbers show up. Could this issue have something to do with the Smartcard? Again, this issue did not show up for me till S512 came out last October 2014.

I am still having problems with remote control lagging/freezing issues with PTAT enabled on only one HWS. It is a little better with just one HWS enabled with PTAT. When the lag/freeze is happening the only remote buttons that work are the Menu and Apps button. When I press the Menu button twice to the System Info screen it says no remotes connected to the Hopper. After the lag/freeze stops all the remotes paired to the Hopper show up.
I had that same problem Charles, turned off bridging on all but one Hopper, that helped a lot. Still had some lag, so I eventually just ended up turning off PTAT on the Hopper I had it on all together since I hardly ever watched anything off of PTAT at all. That seems to have stopped it all together for now. Will report back if it starts again.

I had that same problem Charles, turned off bridging on all but one Hopper, that helped a lot. Still had some lag, so I eventually just ended up turning off PTAT on the Hopper I had it on all together since I hardly ever watched anything off of PTAT at all. That seems to have stopped it all together for now. Will report back if it starts again.
What do you mean turned off bridging on all but one Hopper? Do you have each of your four Hoppers connected to your router by Ethernet or Wireless? When I check my four Hoppers Network Setup screens (Yellow - Blue - 1 - Network Details) the red dropdown menu on one Hopper says Ethernet Bottom and the other three Hoppers the red dropdown menu says MoCA. What does your four Hoppers Network Setup red dropdown menus say?

Let us know if PTAT turned off on all your Hoppers eliminates the lag/freeze for sure and I may try that out too. I really don't want too because we watch lots of prime time programs, but if it stops the issue I will turn off all PTATs too and just set timers for all prime time programs. This remote control lag/freeze issue is really a PITA. It really PMO when I press a remote button and nothing happens. And I won't tell you what the wife thinks! OUCH :rolleyes

I have a hopper with sling and one of the original hoppers and am having the same problem of freezing and pixelization. Only the original hopper is set up for ptat. This just started Thursday and I've red buttoned it and pulled power with no results.

Charles, only the Hopper in my den is connected to Ethernet, it says "Ethernet Bottom," bridging is on. The other three Hoppers say "MoCA" they are hooked to coax only, bridging is off on them. So far, I haven't had any freeze ups since I turned off PTAT. Will let you know if anything changes.

Charles, only the Hopper in my den is connected to Ethernet, it says "Ethernet Bottom," bridging is on. The other three Hoppers say "MoCA" they are hooked to coax only, bridging is off on them. So far, I haven't had any freeze ups since I turned off PTAT. Will let you know if anything changes.
OK, tkz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts