Hopper/Joey mpeg4 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aikoentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Peoria area Central Illinois
I gave up my 722's and other receivers for the Hopper and joey combo, for the networking. I have 2 hoppers and 3 Joeys. I would like a third Hopper to replace one of the Joeys, but I would not be able to network them all together. Seems short sighted on E*'s part, but I digress. I have a Synology Disk Station networked off of my router. Works great but I have to convert mpeg4 to mpe2 to enable viewing without pixeling and freezing. I thought mpeg4 was to be the standard used by E*. Is there a software update in the near future to address this codec issue? I would also like to know when the Super Joey will be available in P.R.

There is an install so that 3 Hoppers can be seen on the same net, but it is a bit complex, and it is NOT an officially Dish supported install. WA is MPEG4 is only for HD but still MPEG2 for SD (changing modulation scheme to 8PSK, but still MPEG2). It is only the EA that is all MPEG4. There will be no update because there is NO "codec issue" for Dish. If you would elucidate us as to what exactly your are trying to achieve, I'm sure others will give you their two cents or better way to achieve your goal.

You should be able to network more than two Hoppers together by interconnecting the client ports from different nodes. There are a least a couple of guys that post here who have accomplished this, albeit not supported by Dish (as mentioned above).

MPEG-4 videos play well for the most part on my Hopper using Home Media. The few I have had problems with simply won't play at all. Might have something to do with how they were originally encoded.

And please note that if you already have 2 Hoppers (and are even looking to add a third), you will not be able to add a Super Joey to your setup.

You will have to buy, not lease, the third Hopper.

And just to beat it to death, the SJ, which is now available, is only for single Hopper installations and the solo node.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)