Hopper/Joey questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree. That us why I am giving Direct untill 9/15 to get it resolved. I think that is fair enough. I live 50 miles from the Cleveland stations, so OTA is not an option. I am not going to pay the money that I am to not get the new fall season and Football. I stuck with them thru the Viacom dispute and did not complain

50 miles isn't too far for OTA. I'm in Eastern WV, 60 miles from Washington DC, and about the same from Baltimore. With an amplified antenna, I can get all of D.C.'s locals and many of Baltimore's.

Haven't I read that you could replace the WAP with a "better" grade of wireless router to solve the range problem?
I don't think there are any options for the Wireless Joey.

If you use a traditional Joey with the USB WiFi adapter, then you can use any N router you like, but such configuration is not officially supported or installed by Dish. It works fine, but Dish could theoretically disable or break the functionality at any time. I doubt they would intentionally disable it at this point, but if it isn't part of their test suite, no telling what could break.

I agree. That us why I am giving Direct untill 9/15 to get it resolved. I think that is fair enough. I live 50 miles from the Cleveland stations, so OTA is not an option. I am not going to pay the money that I am to not get the new fall season and Football. I stuck with them thru the Viacom dispute and did not complain

Not sure how determined that 50 miles is too far for OTA to be an option. I suggest you spend some time in an OTA forum and you'll find you can get your OTA channels just fine from even further away. We are 40 to 70 miles away from the towers in our area and install plenty of antennas that work great. The antenna just has to be a decent one that goes outside.

Obviously there are a lot of variables in OTA reception besides just distance (terrain in your area, obstructions, etc), but I'm 40-50 miles from a couple of the local stations broadcast, and I still get all of the Charlotte locals with just a small indoor antenna...didn't even need a big antenna on the house or anything. :)

HELLO, I NEED HELP PLEASE

I LIVE IN USVI , I HAVE TWO ANTENNAS WITH A DISH PRO LNBF , ONE ANTENNA LOOKING SAT 77 AND THE OTHER TO 72 , I HAD TWO VIP211K, CONNECTED VIA SW21, EVERY THING WORKED FINE, I HAD TO UNGRADE TO HOOPER-JOEY SYSTEM, SO I REPLACE THE SW21 WITH THE SOLO NODE , CONECT 72 TO INPUT 1, SAT 77 TO INPUT 2 , THE I CONECTED THE HOOPER AND JOEYS AS THE INSTRUCTIONS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I ONLY GET THE SAT THAT I INSERT IN PORT NO. 1 ON THE SOLO NODE, THERE IS NO MIX OF THE TWO SATS, AND ALSO HAVE OTHER PROBLEM THAT IS I ONLY GET ONE TURNER , ONE TURNER, ONE SAT... ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OF THIS PROBLEM COULD BE ??

I ALSO TRIED THE DPP44 AND NOTHING...

REGARDS

IVAN

PORT 1 I MEAN DP 1 OF THE SOLO NODE, THE SAT THAT I CONECT TO DP1 IS THE SAT I GET ON THE HOPPER, I CANT GET THE TWO SAT MIXED..THANK U

I currently have my Direct HD dish on a pole. 4 cables run from it to the swim on the side of the house (about 40 feet of buried cable). If LOS is OK will the pole and cables be useable for the dish install? Cable was put in last fall.
There are more sat options with DISH so the installer may need to move the pole.

This 3-step process should give you a good idea:
Finally, you can add an USB OTA dongle ($30) to a Hopper and any OTA stations you can pick up can be added to your program guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)