Hopper/Joey won't find Satellites

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
At my house I have 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. One set of hopper/joey works fine and always connects to whatever channel I want. The other set, constantly is searching for signal and most of the time tells me error 015 (acquiring sat signal) or 002 ( no service). If I run the check switch, all the satellites (110,119,129) are all connected and when returning to the channels whatever channel is on will come in... then I flip up a channel and it won't find the channel, and when I return to the first channel it won't find that channel..

Any ideas what could be wrong here? I have an appt with Dish to come out Friday, but I didn't know if there was something I could do before then.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging them back in at all? You can also pair the Joey to the other Hopper and see if it works better.

tried unplugging and that did nothing... I'm guessing i have a faulty Hopper.

doubtful. My guess is some installation issue or a software bug. Message DIRT and see if they have any additional troubleshooting.

Try swapping the two Hoppers and see if the problem follows the Hopper (bad unit) or stays at the problem location. Staying in one location would indicate problems in the node or cabling to that location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)