Hopper Locals & spot beam

poscher7

Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
utica,ny
I am thinking about the hopper from dish. I am 35 miles from the spot beam. I am in eastern Oneida County, NY hoping to get the locals at my camp from Syracuse,NY. How far does a spot beam go?

Typically about a 200 mile circle. But that varies depending on the angle of the beam.

I am thinking about the hopper from dish. I am 35 miles from the spot beam. I am in eastern Oneida County, NY hoping to get the locals at my camp from Syracuse,NY. How far does a spot beam go?

I would surprised if you didn't get the signal just fine.

Thanks!! Does the LNB of the Dish have to be associated with the receiver getting the locals on the primary account or will another of the same type of dish/LNB provided by dish work?

Thanks!! Does the LNB of the Dish have to be associated with the receiver getting the locals on the primary account or will another of the same type of dish/LNB provided by dish work?

Hopper 3 uses a different LNB than other receivers but if you have a Hopper 3 at home that same type LNB can bought and used with another set up. Also if you are going to have two or more receivers and one is the Hopper you can only have another Hopper or the VIP211 on the same account. No other receivers can be on a Hopper account.

Hopper 3 uses a different LNB than other receivers but if you have a Hopper 3 at home that same type LNB can bought and used with another set up. Also if you are going to have two or more receivers and one is the Hopper you can only have another Hopper or the VIP211 on the same account. No other receivers can be on a Hopper account.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)