Hopper loses EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Centex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Waco, TX
I have an EHD connected to my HWS. Every time I pull up the DVR page, I go to the pulldown, and it only shows the 2 hoppers, not the EHD. I disconnect the EHD from the USB port, plug it back in, and it works. The next time I go to use the EHD, it is gone. Wash, rinse repeat.

Is this a known bug or is it a unique issue, and how do I fix it?

TIA for your help!

It is a WD (I think) EHD. It is not USB powered-it has its own power source.

It's sporadiac. Some days no ehd's will show up on the dvr menu, other times only 1 and other times both. Happenes after the over bight reboot. Not a big deal to me. If I want to use the ehd, I'll just unplug it and pug it back in again.

My WD EHDs will sometimes disappear after a week or so of being asleep. Other than that they seem to be reliable

Thanks for your help. It is annoying, but based on your replies, I won't worry too much about it. I was afraid the drive was going bad, or possibly the Connection on the Hopper was malfunctioning.

It's sporadiac. Some days no ehd's will show up on the dvr menu, other times only 1 and other times both. Happenes after the over bight reboot. Not a big deal to me. If I want to use the ehd, I'll just unplug it and pug it back in again.

I had this same exact problem for years on two different receivers(922 and Hopper). For whatever reason though I have not had any problems for the last 4-5 months. My 2 WD EHD's have faithfully been showing up in the drop down every time I check. I assumed that they included a fix in one of the recent software updates. The two drives that I use both have sleep mode which could not be turned off. Sleep mode does not seem to be a factor at this point, at least not for me.

FWIW, I have the original Hopper w/o Sling.

Mine disappeared tonight for the first time. I disconnected it and reconnected and not only did it show up right away, but it also seems to be more responsive than it ever was. (No inexplicable "your external device is being prepared for use" message when I accessed it!)

It happened again tonight. Going from never happening to happening two nights in a row is rather disconcerting.

I'm wondering if there's any connection between losing the EHD and having three recordings going at once? Both nights, this has been the case. So I started to wonder if maybe it can't handle the EHD and three recordings simultaneously, so disabled it. Both nights though, I haven't had the opportunity to test reconnecting it until after at least one of the recordings was finished. Plus, even if it was the case, it should have reconnected itself afterward, not to mention telling me why it was disconnected!

This was an issue some time ago with the original Hopper. Perhaps there is an intermittent bug on the HWS. I have not seen this issue since the fix was released some tim ago for the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)