Hopper OTA module not showing all channels

Straybeat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Phoenix
Hey All,

Got a Hopper and Joey installed last week. My OTA module arrived from Dish the other day. I hooked it in, scanned for locals, it picked them all up and the guide was fine after resetting.

The first day everything was good. The second day, presumably after the nightly update, some of the OTA's disappeared. If I go back into "Scan locals" all of the channels are still there. Go back out to the guide and some of them are missing.

Do I have a bad OTA module or is this a known issue? Any guesses?

Mark

I don't know if this is what's happening to you, but my Hopper occasionally drops OTA channels from the various guide lists. The next day it could be back or maybe not. It's flakey... but from what I've heard it's a know problem.

You might have to go into edit mode for your lists and put the check marks back in manually.

Larry
SF

OTA channels dropping from guide is a known issue for some time now. Just noticed one dropped from a Joey the other day. When adding back, try to do so in pairs, the supposed work-around.

Maybe the signal is low or dropping out on those channels?

It couldn't be that, I'm 2.5 miles from all the antennas for the city. With other equipment I've had too much signal. ;)

Thanks for the other replies everyone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)