Hopper Picture Freeze

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I had two Hoppers installed last Thursday. Noticed recently that both are suffering infrequent intermittent picture freezes. I can channel up or down which corrects the problem until the next one.

Have to ask the obvious, and standard!, question: have you done a hard reset - unplug Hopper for 30-60 seconds? After a year plus upgrading to two Hoppers (H2K and Sling) I still have to 'reboot' this way every once in a while to stop (temporarily) some annoying problems. Mostly the Hopper w/Sling is still a problem child for me...

Until late last night and this morning I haven't noticed this before. At least the two receivers aren't locking up and easily fixed by channeling up or down.

Welcome to Hopperville, where you never know what you will find. ;-)

I have a bunch of quirky things that happen that lead me to believe it's more of a software issue than hardware related (bad Hopper). Most recent is an annoying audio dropout for maybe 1/2 a second on recording playback at times. Happens every 30-60 seconds. Found if I use the rewind button (not skip back 10s) to go back a few seconds and play then it goes away. Until I use the skip ahead or back buttons...

Maybe someone will have an answer for your issue or at least provide a shoulder to cry on so you're not alone in your problem. Good luck.

Reactions: Frank Jr.
Check the signal levels when the freeze occurs, sounds like the dish may not be pointed correctly.

Check the signal levels when the freeze occurs, sounds like the dish may not be pointed correctly.

Not exactly sure what transponders I should check on 72.7 and 77, but most of them are in the 60's and 70's. My locals are on 61.5 transponder 30. It is steady at 60.

Transponder 19 or 21 on 72.7 and I'm not sure which one on 61.5. With the exception of your locals , there isn't much on 61.5 anymore in hd , mostly sd channels. If you are getting 60 to 70 on these two sats it isn't your sat dish aim and peak. Have you run a check switch run lately? ON hoppers they periodically need to have the check switch run again to clear out the bugs , so to speak. I had this happen when I added the super joey last month. Picture was freezing or jerking etc, and certain tuners were not working or saying they were downloading the guide. I ran another check switch and it cleared out the bugs .

Reactions: Frank Jr.
Transponder 19 or 21 on 72.7 and I'm not sure which one on 61.5. With the exception of your locals , there isn't much on 61.5 anymore in hd , mostly sd channels. If you are getting 60 to 70 on these two sats it isn't your sat dish aim and peak. Have you run a check switch run lately? ON hoppers they periodically need to have the check switch run again to clear out the bugs , so to speak. I had this happen when I added the super joey last month. Picture was freezing or jerking etc, and certain tuners were not working or saying they were downloading the guide. I ran another check switch and it cleared out the bugs .
Thanks Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts