Hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do you think these matters will be addressed? I don’t care about multiview but that HDR business disturbs me, as certain slower operations.

Does anyone know if the Plus is as fast as native TV, Fire, or Roku with YT and similar?
I will keep my opinion to myself about what changes Dish may or may not make to the H+. I will note that promotional materials for the 4k Joey once said it would include PIP. Does it have PIP?

I use a FireTv 4k max for streaming since it is pretty snappy and supports Dolby Vision, which the H+ does not.

OMG!! (1999/2000) The horror of all those web tv/ dishplayers being sent back for another one, that was also broken flashed across my mind. I think I did RMAs like 5 or 6 times before I realized they weren't going to fix it and I needed to be able to watch tv. I ended up trading in the dishplayer to dishdepot.com for another receiver like the 301 and then a 501 pvr when it came out.
I LOVED my WebTV back then! We have come a very long way!

Attachments

• 231927 (1).jpg
    231927 (1).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Msntv-Conecting (1).jpg
    Msntv-Conecting (1).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 65
  • road_to_webtv_by_blueamnesiac-d4gb21a.png
    road_to_webtv_by_blueamnesiac-d4gb21a.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 74
If you like watching old TV movies and shows you will hate the stretched-out picture with no ability to change the format! You gain some features and loose others. I know Dish's recent event has put a lot of this on hold understandably, but I hope they can get back to finishing restoring so many lost features and fix some of the new ones. For now I am just glad the dam thing turns on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you like watching old TV movies and shows you will hate the stretched-out picture with no ability to change the format!
Who has time to watch old stuff, there is so much new content I cannot catch up, especially now after returning to work after 4 years retired.

Luckily I just finished my third report and have 2 weeks before my next assignment, so time to catch up.

Dolby has differing royalty requirements, no?
Yes, but so much better-

Dolby Vision uses a 12-bit color depth, which means it can display up to 68 billion colors. HDR 10, on the other hand, uses a 10-bit color depth, which means it can display up to 1 billion colors. This means that Dolby Vision is capable of producing more accurate and vibrant colors than HDR 10.

Yes, but so much better-

Dolby Vision uses a 12-bit color depth, which means it can display up to 68 billion colors. HDR 10, on the other hand, uses a 10-bit color depth, which means it can display up to 1 billion colors. This means that Dolby Vision is capable of producing more accurate and vibrant colors than HDR 10.
And Netflix offers a ton of Dolby Vision, they already pay the royalties. That said, Amazon has few, but some, events in DV. They love HDR10+...

The only thing stopping Dish from adding Dolby Vision support is the willingness of Charlie to open his wallet. But, he doesn't believe the cost justifies the benefit. The licensing fee would cost ~$2-$3 per unit. Possibly a bit less depending on the volume of units.

Partly true.

I have been told the royalty to Dolby isn’t bad but then you have to pay a royalty to Broadcom to enable the feature on their chip which is so silly since the chip already supports it.

I have been told that royalty is many many times higher then just paying Dolby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partly true.

I have been told the royalty to Dolby isn’t bad but then you have to pay a royalty to Broadcom to enable the feature on their chip which is so silly since the chip already supports it.

I have been told that royalty is many many times higher then just paying Dolby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's similar to Qualcomm's modem on mobile phones, the bands are already in the hardware but the manufacturers have to pay for each band to unlock it for use.

Reactions: charlesrshell
is it possible to have hopper plus with a 2 h3 system yet?, last time went down this road i tried to get hopper plus for 2 h3 i have, along with getting the 2 4k joeys replaced with new joey 4. had all setup tech out and said we cant do that I asked if i could atlest have new joey 4 installed and they said they cant do that either it reqiure the hopper plus.

was the always on HDR bugg ever fixed with hopper plus

I had a Hopper Plus installed in my two Hopper 3 system last September and it works great. DISH will not let you have two Hopper Pluses.

is it possible to have hopper plus with a 2 h3 system yet?, last time went down this road i tried to get hopper plus for 2 h3 i have, along with getting the 2 4k joeys replaced with new joey 4. had all setup tech out and said we cant do that I asked if i could atlest have new joey 4 installed and they said they cant do that either it reqiure the hopper plus.

was the always on HDR bugg ever fixed with hopper plus
Joey4 does not require hopper plus. I'm not sure why so many techs think that. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use two hopper pluses. The plus is basically an add on interface and not an actual receiver. All communication is still done through the main hopper unit. So shouldn't be a problem function wise but getting dish to let you have two is another story. You may have to buy the equipment instead and then call dish to activate.

I had a Hopper Plus installed in my two Hopper 3 system last September and it works great. DISH will not let you have two Hopper Pluses.

intesting cause that around the time I original tried to do this. they said said it would not work. Does hopper plus serve both h3?
Joey4 does not require hopper plus. I'm not sure why so many techs think that. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use two hopper pluses. The plus is basically an add on interface and not an actual receiver. All communication is still done through the main hopper unit. So shouldn't be a problem function wise but getting dish to let you have two is another story. You may have to buy the equipment instead and then call dish to activate.
Oh I actual talk mutiple people at loyalty department before I managed to get hold supervisor, I was gona get 2 hopper plus so both my h3 has access to hopper plus stuff. along with 2 joey 4 to replace the 4k joeys.

48 hours later I call from some "head" tech department saying, "we" cant do 2 hopper plus with vague reason why, I asked if they could do 1 hopper plus to server both h3. he said they dont know they can try if they cant they will just replace 4k joeys with joey 4...

24hours later the tech came told me he cant do any of the above and joey 4 require the hopper plus. At the point I was annoyed and pissed cause left hand dont know what right hand is doing and brain is oblivious what happen.

Seeing I was have lots scrambling happen at time told the guy to check my lnb signal and realign things, even show him scrambling that was happen ( on clear day) he went and look at dish and said wires where lose and LMB has water in them. and in process replaced all the switchs and hubs i had same parts. which kind fixed that issue also had a microfreezing issue on both hopper 3 and joeys attached to them, that only happens in live tv, i where to rewind to same place there was microfreeze there would be none. that issue is still there though. also send something about system was not grounded so he grounded it