Hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Each Joey 4 is its own streaming box. The apps you install on one will not automatically show up on another Hopper 4 in your house.

For question 2 yes she would need a Joey 4 on each TV to have the Android TV apps on them.
Thanks for the reply Scott. So, you're saying if I replaced my Joey 3 with a Joey 4 I can install all my streaming apps and watch them on the TV the Joey 4 is attached to with no Plus needed. That's good. You're also saying that (for now) the wireless Joeys can't accommodate any apps. Perhaps that will change in the future.

Is a tech visit absolutely necessary to replace my Joey 3 with a Joey 4?

Reactions: charlesrshell
HipKat

will at later date i not mood to talking them in to give this stuff again at no charge to me, let alone get hold of someone that actual will. As did it over 6 months ago and was told it cant be done when tech came out.

I just redid the 40$ discount I had for another 6 months and left thing as is. seeing my dad tell me he want to drop everything to basic or even drop dish cause he starting to have to drop thing just to keep prices low. even with discount i have costiantly applied he keep saying it to much. it normally a $200+ bill

I just deal with dish for him, and have been general have $40 to $60 worth of discount constantly reapply to account. I think if i wasnt doing this for him he probably would drop dish by now. I personal dont really what dish much other then what I DVR and most that stuff i can just watch online streaming. and would switch to roku box.
I moved my parents off DISH satellite last year during the summer. I got them to go with Sling tv instead and it cut their bills down substantially. Of course my 83 year old father and 80 year old mother have problems with the streaming thing. But I don't see why, because my dad keeps it on Fox news or Fox business and watches his ota locals over the Air TV anywhere 4 tuner ota dvr. They rarely watch anything else on the service.

Thanks for the reply Scott. So, you're saying if I replaced my Joey 3 with a Joey 4 I can install all my streaming apps and watch them on the TV the Joey 4 is attached to with no Plus needed. That's good. You're also saying that (for now) the wireless Joeys can't accommodate any apps. Perhaps that will change in the future.

Is a tech visit absolutely necessary to replace my Joey 3 with a Joey 4?
You're not just replacing your Joey 3. You'll be replacing your WiFi Joey wit ha WiFi Joey 4 and you'll be getting a Plus because without it, you're not getting the new Joeys

Just curious for clarification with the HDR issue on Hopper Plus (and Joey 4's?):

1) Is it still always on, without a toggle?

2) What is the end resulting look on channels? I have a lower end TCL 4K HDR TV that makes most HDR look rather dark, even the HDR from the Hopper 3 4K HDR channels. Is this was every channel will look like - darker?