Hopper Problem and Virtual Joey Issue

scoobdawg

Original poster
Have had the hopper with Sling since it was first released, haven't hd any issues.. Until now - In the past week there have been 4 times where I'm watching live TV and the screen just goes black - pressing anything on the remote does nothing - I have to do a system reset and then the system comes back on-line - Thoughts?

Also - I have an LG TV with the Virtual Joey - The unit had connected fine before to the unit above, now it just says "Starting Joey" and sits there forever - I wound up pairing it with a different Hopper and it works fine...

The only issue I have now is I cant get the Dish Remote to pair with the Virtual Hopper and Dish doesn't seem to know how - unfortunately I threw out the instructions that came with the remote..

What do you have for equipment, two Hoppers and the Virtual Joey? It sounds like you have a bad Hopper. I would line up a tech visit.

Manually unlink the remote, then launch the virtual Joey and use your TV remote to bring up system info, I believe it's just menu twice on the TV remote. Once sys info is up, press sat on the dish remote

Manually unpair :

Sat till the mode lights illuminate > Press recall and zero for three seconds > Search > volume up > stop

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks - I tried that no luck - Spent time on the phone with Dish as well - They sent me a new remote, but that wont pair either - At this point I'm stuck using the LG remote which is horrible! I have this new remote thats not paired with anything and cant get t to work... ANy other thoughts??? About to stop using the Virtual Joey and go the wireless route unless I can get this figured out - Does dish have a Tier 2 support???

Jeremy

Manually unlink the remote, then launch the virtual Joey and use your TV remote to bring up system info, I believe it's just menu twice on the TV remote. Once sys info is up, press sat on the dish remote

Manually unpair :

Sat till the mode lights illuminate > Press recall and zero for three seconds > Search > volume up > stop

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is anyone else having this problem with the hopper w/ sling ? After I record shows and I pull up the show to watch it the banner comes across the top and then it says playback is finished. The show can't be watched I just have to delete it. This is happening on all channels and I am on my 3rd receiver and Dish is sending me another one in 3 days. Dish says there is no known problem and out of all there customers I am the only one having this problem. LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)