Hopper Questions - Go for it or wait til after Team Summit + a few.

kh4fun

Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Kansas
I am trying to decide where to go for a 2 HWS + 3 joey system now to make sure it is up by 05-22 to save on the monthly fees or wait and see what happens at Team Summit. I admit I have only heard of Team Summit and don't know much about it. I'm afraid of getting new equipment for the next 2 years+ and then find out I should have waited a little while longer. Currently have 722, 211, 512, and 2 311 units.

Do they announce new products at Team Summit that see the light of day with the next several months?

With 2 HWS they can both be playing different programming over the internet at the same time correct?

If I go for this system is there anything special I need to ask for when setting up the install or to prepare for the install?

Any other info that a person should consider or be aware of before getting this system and being locked back in for 2 years?

A DIRT member has quoted a total $200 for 2 HWS + 3 Joeys, would need to order OTA for $30 after the install and monthly fees staying the same. Has anyone been quoted anything better?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

They usually do not announce new products at Team Summit. They normally announce new promotions and features for current products. Last they they announced the Auto Hop feature. They may show some new accessories but probably nothing to do with new receivers. If you can wait just a week you'll find out what's changing. All the major announcements will be made by Thursday night.

I am trying to decide where to go for a 2 HWS + 3 joey system now to make sure it is up by 05-22 to save on the monthly fees or wait and see what happens at Team Summit. I admit I have only heard of Team Summit and don't know much about it. I'm afraid of getting new equipment for the next 2 years+ and then find out I should have waited a little while longer. Currently have 722, 211, 512, and 2 311 units.

Do they announce new products at Team Summit that see the light of day with the next several months?

With 2 HWS they can both be playing different programming over the internet at the same time correct?

If I go for this system is there anything special I need to ask for when setting up the install or to prepare for the install?

Any other info that a person should consider or be aware of before getting this system and being locked back in for 2 years?

A DIRT member has quoted a total $200 for 2 HWS + 3 Joeys, would need to order OTA for $30 after the install and monthly fees staying the same. Has anyone been quoted anything better?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Hello

1. Just because you upgrade before the 22nd doesn't mean your fees won't increase. Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice even when in a commitment.

2. They don't always have products that see the light of day. The Hopper in 2011 was an exception it landed in march of the following year. The wireless joey from last year hasn't been released and the that awesome remote same way.

3. You are correct. Each person viewing would have to select their respective Hopper. If you can get two Hoppers great but I don't know if you would be able to. It would probably be cheaper regardless if you got a HWS and a regular Hopper w/ Sling adapter.

4. As far as what to ask just make sure you specifically ask for two HWS and 3or4 Joeys. And make sure the tech can access wiring needed in and out of the home.

5. Each account can be different as far as prices are concerned with upgrades but that quote seems decent enough nothing lower especially not with 2 HWS. Sounds about right though.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I do not see them announcing a new consumer receiver this year at Team Summit.

I think it will be a few years before we see a new model "Hopper" receiver.

Doubt you'll see any announcement about the Android. Was said it would be at the end of the year. Not impossible though. Not getting a great product purely based on spite seems a bit ridiculous though, you're missing out for no reason.

1. Just because you upgrade before the 22nd doesn't mean your fees won't increase. Prices and promotions are subject to change without notice even when in a commitment.
Commitment or not, it has already been established that the fees will not go up after 5/22 for all Hoppers installed before that date. The only question is how long the grandfathering will last.

If you haven't decided to get it by now it wouldn't be that hard to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to make sure you won't miss anything new. Honestly, I would just get it now. I can't imagine there being any major announcements that you would miss out on by signing up now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)