Hopper Remote Manual PDF?

Dish remotes do not seem to be supported on that site. Just as a drill, I asked for code to use for an LG HDTV I have. It came back with a four-digit number, while my present Dish remote uses a three-digit code for this TV.

You don't need those 4 digit codes with the Hopper and Joey. It asks what brand of TV and DVD player you're using and usually hooks right up. If not, enter the model number and you're good to go.

Dish remotes do not seem to be supported on that site. Just as a drill, I asked for code to use for an LG HDTV I have. It came back with a four-digit number, while my present Dish remote uses a three-digit code for this TV.
I know they aren't. I'm telling you all UEI remotes, including the new Hopper remote, use the codes I posted. Just pick any model and do a code search. Your present Dish remote is completely different. The old Dish codes are totally incompatible with the new remotes. The codes I posted will work, 100% guaranteed. Just compare them when you do the setup and you'll find they match perfectly.

But the easiest solution has already been posted, which is to just wait and use the setup wizard on the Hopper Remote Manager screen.

The new Dish remotes are very sophisticated. They use the ZigBee protocol, so they do pairing, discovery and encryption similar to Bluetooth. It's also 2-way for loading codes and backups, restoring, locating, and even showing the battery level on screen. So no more addresses to set or remember, no different frequencies to deal with. It all works like wifi now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)