Just Scheduled 1 Hopper 3 Joey Install for Saturday 03/17/12!

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I called a retailer, updish, he was able to tell I was a class B customer and would be charged $99 for the "upgrade". He gave me all fees etc and set my install for this Saturday! Can't wait. I have used them before, they did great work when I had a dish problem under the protection plan. Not sure what areas they service but their # is a an 800 #.

I am just going with 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys, I think that will work for me since 2 of the TV's are kids TV's they can watch stuff from the DVR if need be not always live TV. Alot of our recordings are on Network TV so the PTAT will help us out, think we will be fine with the 3 tuners.

I called a local retailer & scheduled my hopper & 2 joey installation for Thursday. I'm not sure if they knew what they were talking about but he told me my installation & upgrade charges were $0.

I called a local retailer & scheduled my hopper & 2 joey installation for Thursday. I'm not sure if they knew what they were talking about but he told me my installation & upgrade charges were $0.

They have something screwed up. They'll figure it out one way or another. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I'm not upgrading to the Hopper until OTA is available, but I called a retailer closest to my city and was told they can't place any orders for it until Thursday.

EDIT: I called another local retailer to ask and was told they just got their equipment in today, but the website for ordering for customers on their side won't be up until Thursday. He told me on pricing that A and B get it for $100 and C gets it for $200.

I'm not sure how you guys are getting them ordered now. I'm not ordering but again I was just curious what my local retailers were saying.

Last edited:
Well you can have a retailer schedule you for Thursday but that retailer can't run the claim until Thursday. So it is possible that a customer may not qualify when they run the claim.

Dish directly will not be able to but we can. We have the capability since we have our own installers. Dish has no idea what installers they have available and in what area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)