Hopper remote won't pair

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
My daughter that's a year old somehow unpaired our remote for the bedroom . I hit system info on the front of the hopper and the held down system info and nothing happens. When I release it, the sat button just flashes and then nothing after that ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Press and hold sat till they all light up, release, press and hold zero and recall for 3 seconds, then press info, then press volume up, then press stop. It should beep 3x. If so, open sys info and Press sat again.

What is this procedure for the remote control? Does it set the remote back to default setting?

I think I listed the wrong button, press search instead of info.

Not sure how to get it back to default if there is a way to do that. Not sure why one would need to either.

Yep, search is it. Got it to work. Know anymore remote control manual procedures?

Found this thread on Google since I had the same problem. If you have a Hopper with an external antenna (ie. Hopper with Sling), make sure your antenna is installed. I was prepping mine to be sold and couldn't get a remote paired until I installed the antenna and then bam it worked with just pressing and releasing SAT.

Just wanted to say thanks for this information. Had 2 remotes for my brother in laws hopper that stopped responding. Was able to unpair them but they wouldn't respond to a new pairing request. He's temporarily wheelchair bound after a catastrophic work injury and TV is about all he can do right now. I'm a former dish tech and I had no idea this button sequence existed.

1 million thank you's.

Reactions: papachops
Found this thread on Google since I had the same problem. If you have a Hopper with an external antenna (ie. Hopper with Sling), make sure your antenna is installed. I was prepping mine to be sold and couldn't get a remote paired until I installed the antenna and then bam it worked with just pressing and releasing SAT.
do u mean the antena on the back of the reciever the little one or cable one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)