Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This thread is for you to leave your feedback to the DISH Hopper Team and report any issues for the new Hopper S212 software.

Please use this thread only for these reports so that the DISH Hopper Team can more easily find and track down (and then FIX) any issues that may crop up. Please try to keep this thread clean for reports and keep discussion on issues reports to a minimum.

If there is something you want to talk about that is brought up here in the thread I ask that you please create a new thread so that (once again) this thread can help alert the DISH team of any issues that our members might find.

Thank you!

(This thread will be CLOSED when S213 is released and a new thread will be started)

I have a 2H/6J setup. When viewing live TV or DVR recordings on a Joey during PTAT or within an hour or two after prime-time, the system seems to freeze for a couple of minutes and then usually recovers (goes back to normal performance). It has also forced a reboot of the Hopper, but not so much with S212. Also, we still occasionally get the "Looking for Hopper xx" message when first starting up a Joey; it even pops up once in a while mid-viewing. From what I've noticed, these issues seem to happen most often when the majority of Joeys end up connected to one Hopper throughout a day of normal viewing. If I move one or two of the Joeys to the other Hopper - to level the load out - the problems don't seem to happen as often.

I am still having an issue that when I turn on my hopper I get Checking Switch and any recordings cancel, including PTAT

I would like to see icons for the programs on my EHDs.
Ya think....? I've been whining about that since Hopper came out!
Interestingly if you have a recording on Hopper and the same program (does not need to be the same episode) on EHD the icon shows up on the EHD....? How freaking weird is that? I know it's a minor issue but it drives me nuts...! and those generic icons are awful....

Hopper is on 212 but Joey is still on 263.

Twice today I've had to reset the Joey because it could not see any DVR recordings, or EHDs (have two) on the Hopper. Hopper is fine.

After reset Joey can see all.

Well my 2H/2J are still on S211/S263, but just in case they haven't caught this in S212, there was a MAJOR problem earlier today where one of the Hoppers decided instead of recording a 1-hour program for 1 hour it decided to record it infinitely. I didn't catch it until 12 hours later but the whole time it was recording and occupying the tuner. Then, to make things worse, it decided that one of my shows was "about to start recording" indefinitely, to where it "occupied" a whole tuner yet it wasn't actually recording anything. It stayed that way indefinitely until I got back home to soft reset the Hopper.

Not sure if this problem is 212 related but I know in the past this didn't happen. Seems i've lost the full episodes of three shows. Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, and SVU. So the problem has been happening since last Monday.

Criminal Minds and SVU gave me about five minutes before the recording ended. Hawaii Five O went all the way to about twenty minutes before it said the recording was over.

The other thing that these three have in common is that they don't have the auto hop feature. The kanagroo and the feature itself are missing from these shows.Is this just a coincidence or is it related to the update? Also is anyone else having this problem?

Not sure if this is related to this software version but since it's the first time i've seen this happen i'll say it's a possibliity. When I tried to resume SVU it started from the begining everytime. Now this show was a continuation from my bedroom and that room and lviing room had a different amount shown for viewing. Each time I tried it started like new. I tried another show that wasn't started some where else first and that worked fine.

This never happened previously.

Not sure if this problem is 212 related but I know in the past this didn't happen. Seems i've lost the full episodes of three shows. Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, and SVU. So the problem has been happening since last Monday.

Criminal Minds and SVU gave me about five minutes before the recording ended. Hawaii Five O went all the way to about twenty minutes before it said the recording was over.

The other thing that these three have in common is that they don't have the auto hop feature. The kanagroo and the feature itself are missing from these shows.Is this just a coincidence or is it related to the update? Also is anyone else having this problem?

I just watched this past Monday's Hawaii Five O with Auto Hop and it worked all the way through for me - could it be an issue with your local channel?

s212, had three programs set to record at 6:00pm (Game of Thrones, Mythbusters, Food Network Star).
1minute pre / 3minute post buffer
PTAT is off.

All programs started recording 10 minutes late.

I have a 2 hopper 1 joey system. I have PTAT set up on both hoppers. On hopper one, I have timers for select PTAT network shows to go into different folders. 1st problem I noticed is that even though I have a folder selected to put the shows in, it always puts it in "no folder". Problem 2 is if I get a power failure during PTAT hours it will not start back the recording of PTAT once the hopper comes back up. I think this is due to having a timer set for one or more of the PTAT network channels. The reason I say this, is because on hopper two I have PTAT set up and no timers for any of the network PTAT shows, and it always starts recording PTAT once the hopper comes back up. It's like on hopper one it doesn't know which timer to pick, (PTAT or the set up timer for one of the PTAT network channels) so it just does not record any PTAT if the power is lost. On a side note, I would love to be able to group my shows by folder, in the folder I set up. Right now in my folder it just shows each individual episode of each show, which is not fun if you have lots of episodes of one show.

Why a link when you can post something this short? ( But, thanks for answering.:D)

Hopper version S2.12
[Auto Hop fixes, clock/timer fixes, Sling DRA fixes, RSN DVR record fix, On Demand 1/4 screen fix, Misc.]
Joey version S2.64
[Auto Hop fixes, clock/timer fixes, RSN DVR record fix, On Demand 1/4 screen fix, Misc.]