Hopper S212 Feedback and Issues

I just turned on PTAT on the second Hopper. Now in the Timers list it shows PTAT at the top and also shows PTAT as the number 1 timer. So I disabled PTAT, but it still shows PTAT as the number 1 timer. PTAT is not in the schedule, but there's no way to remove the false PTAT timer from the timer list.

With PTAT enabled the list looks like this:

PrimeTime Anytime
Daily
DVR
1 PrimeTime Anytime
Daily
DVR
2 Grimm
Once
DVR

With PTAT disabled the list looks like this:

1 PrimeTime Anytime
Daily
DVR
2 Grimm
Once
DVR

Last edited:
S212 here as well, and just noticed the pixiling at 29 after the hour as well while watching on Hopper

S212 also and still have the problem. I saw it on TBS last night, but did not notice it on CBS. I was watching live. Maybe DIRT could give us an update on the issue.

Don't know if this is playing a role, but checking check switches seems to be more prevalent

Apparently I can't edit my last post, but another issue that persists on S212 is a problem with it saying " is about to begin recording" where it takes up a tuner for something that apparently doesn't exist. It will continue doing that until I reset the Hopper.

On my Joeys with S264, I keep getting an when changing channels, that I need to be in live mode. I'm already in live mode. This happened once in a while when using S263 but now it happens every night when using S264.

I noticed last night, that if you protect a recording that has auto hop, you lose that function even if you unprotect it. Does the same thing on both of my hoppers.

For the Dish folks that are reading this... Those of us that are reporting these issues and providing feedback are probably good candidates for beta testing... Hint Hint ;)

For the Dish folks that are reading this...I am using Play On as my DLNA server on my PC. Works well. The youtube app does not allow keyboard input. How about an app on the Hopper for youtube? Also I can stream any video from my PC except .mpg files. They start for 10 - 15 seconds and then skip to the next video. Play On uses VLC as the video PC server and VLC plays .mpg files fine on my PC. The issue appears to be the Hopper. I tried another DLNA server on my PC same issue.

Got SW212 on Hopper a few days ago. Still having freeze ups, trouble deleting programs, SLOW response time in bringing up the different screens(DVR, Guide, Menu...) since 212. Also had a few times where the "arrow" has frozen up and would not move. Had to do a hard reset. Never had that problem before. Not thrilled with SW212.

Ghpr13:(

I still have random audio drop outs on one of my Joeys. I have a 1 Hopper, 2 Joey setup. The Joey connected via HDMI to an Emerson 40" LCD randomly drops audio. I have to power cycle the TV to get audio back. It is a random drop; it could drop after 5 minutes or 45 minutes or not at all. It doesn't matter what channel either. I have replaced the Joey, HDMI cable, and tested all 3 HDMI ports on the TV. Still same problem. IT did not happen on the 211k I used to have.

Need to add EHD programs to Dishonline and allow the Sling adapter to play them back. The 722K I had this capability and it was fabulous!!

The past 2 days, my Hopper has been recording all kinds of "old" programs. All of my timers are set to record new programs only, but it's taped old episodes of Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Deadliest Catch, Fact or Fiction, just to name a few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)