Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

S213 on both hoppers, S265 on joey. I was testing out what could be done. I had 3 recordings on hopper A, tried to access hopper B PTAT. Could not do it. Went back to live tv and switched tuners, I ended up with the video on tuner1, but the sound was from tuner2. Swapped to tuner 2 and had correct audio but a black screen. Had to reset to get everything working again. With 1 free turner I can access the other hopper without any problems. I have been able to access either hoppers recording from drop down on the joey with out any problems you no longer need to link to opposite hopper to see its recordings. This is a great feature. Fast forward/rewind are working fine

hey DISH

if you are monitoring this

enough of the error 14 when you try and watch a movie off the EHD of a channel that I paid for when I made the recording but no longer subscribe to.

just tried it as I have 213 and it still is messed up. I posted about this on day one the hopper came out

other than that the hopper is nice

WHEN and IF I shift to H/J, I'll have wired Ethernet to each Hopper and (potential) Joey. So I presume, at this point, I'll have no need for a HIC.

WHEN and IF I shift to H/J, I'll have wired Ethernet to each Hopper and (potential) Joey. So I presume, at this point, I'll have no need for a HIC.
If they don't get the 213 bridging issues fixed, then you'll probably only be able to have a single hopper connected and the let it share the connection over moca. Same end result, but in a multi-hopper setup, I think I would still prefer a HIC so I don't have to fuss with it if a Hopper goes down.

Had a different issue last night. This was during PTAT. This one is not critical, but is annoying.

On local Hopper A watching a live, non-PTA program. Paused and swapped. Went into DVR menu, selected remote Hopper B, selected PTAT folder, started playing a "live" currently recording PTA event.

The PTA event started playing, watched until the next commercial, paused and swapped to my previously paused, local Hopper A non-PTA program, watch until the next commercial, paused, swapped to the remote Hopper B PTA program, watched to the next commercial, paused, swapped to local Hopper A program, etc...

The good news - with the exception of the following bug, this worked. Pretty much the same as swapping between two local tuners.

THE BUG - the pause banner and upper right quadrant pause icon display was switching back and forth continuously between the counters for both paused programs whenever pause was engaged on the either program at about 1/2 second intervals.

The bad news - after I stopped watching the current Hopper B program, starting anything else from the remote Hopper gave unpredictable results similar to my prior post - video w/o audio, black screen, wrong tuner, etc.

This is just a bug with icon display, as I've also had the pause/play icon in the upper right go a bit wonky and keep switching between the two while watching/pausing using only one hopper with s213.

Here I was debating on getting the HIC for the 1 Joey that I don't have connected to Ethernet. Looks like I don't need it now, since all 3 Hoppers have a broadband connection and the other Joey is connected via Ethernet.

Not ready to make a official statement :) but maybe 213 fixes the check switch issue some of us have been having :)

"My Folders" selection is usually saved by the DVR recording listing, but in some instances with a 2 Hopper system it changes to "Folders by Title" on it's own.

1) Make sure your main hopper is set to "My Folders"
2) Switch over the other hopper folder in DVR recordings
3) Click any folder
4) Then click the "Back" tab in the top left corner to go back a folder.
5) Switch back to the other hopper DVR recording listing
6) Now you'll see the original hopper has lost the setting and changed back over to "Folders by Title"

(i'm viewing and navigating from the Joey)

Yep. Noticed that as well. So far this is my only complaint with S213. I have not experienced any of the issues others have reported.(Knock on wood)

I got the updates on both H/J on 6-28. Everything is working OK as far as MRV functions. The Joeys now have DHCP assigned IP addresses from my router. I don't have any Ethernet connections to the Joeys so it looks like MOCA is doing the job OK.

One of my Hoppers has a problem dropping local channels from custom favs lists, This problem was not corrected by S213 and in fact seems to have gotten worse.

The update is great but on day 2 of s213 the joeys cant find either Hopper and when I look at the hoppers neither joey is not shown on the whole home option???

HELP!!!

2-hopper, 4-joey system. Hoppers updated yesterday to 213.... joeys (265) would not link to hoppers. Disconnected wireless and wired network connections, rebooted hoppers - system works fine now.
If I reconnect the network, joeys cannot connect.

Any suggestions?

2-hopper, 4-joey system. Hoppers updated yesterday to 213.... joeys (265) would not link to hoppers. Disconnected wireless and wired network connections, rebooted hoppers - system works fine now.

Any suggestions?

If all is working now leave it as is. Let MoCa do it's job.

Any suggestions?

See my post above.

Your best best is to just leave 1 Hopper connected via ethernet and let MoCA do its job. You will have the same capabilities, except the ethernet will be handled by MoCA instead. (better in my opinion, especially since it will be much faster than the wireless adapters)

Have one Hopper on 212 and one on 213. Each Hopper has a Joey linked to it, one wired Ethernet, one WiFi N (no coax on either one). No issues to report, everything seems to work ok. One Joey got 265 when its Hopper got 213 but a day later at 8:00 this morning, the other Joey grabbed 265 even though it's linked to the Hopper with 212/264 software!

With the 213/265 update can anyone see a EHD on the "integrated" Hopper? :confused:

You cannot see EHDs between hoppers. Joeys only see the EHDs of the Hopper they are linked to, but can see the non-linked Hopper's internal drive.

Muffin said:

Any suggestions?

Maybe im reading this wrong...i just know that my joeys cant find the hoppers and the hoppers dont recognize the joeys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)