Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

I'm surprised Dish decided to make the Hoppers into bridges by default with this update - it opens the door to so many problems as not all networks are the same. Doing so directly impacts everyone's TV viewing experience. They should rely on the MoCA network by default and use the 169.x.x.x self assigned IP's and make the Hopper Bridge feature an option for those of use who know what we are doing. Including a "self-help" page that tells us exactly what is going on wouldn't be a bad thing either.

They are definitely trying to use MoCA by default, just in a way that doesn't necessarily work for the best. I'm trying to figure out why they wouldn't just let each box use a direct network connection as first option, before making MoCA the next best thing.

My hoppers had multiple nightly resets tonight. Not sure why.

DBS Commando said:
I'm surprised Dish decided to make the Hoppers into bridges by default with this update - it opens the door to so many problems as not all networks are the same. Doing so directly impacts everyone's TV viewing experience. They should rely on the MoCA network by default and use the 169.x.x.x self assigned IP's and make the Hopper Bridge feature an option for those of use who know what we are doing. Including a "self-help" page that tells us exactly what is going on wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I think they should have left so you had to use the HIC if you wanted to network over moca.

Sent from my DROIDX

It works about 50% of the time for me. If I press the SKIP BACK button several times, some of the hops will fail and will jump to the same time point in the show. The same for SKIP FORWARD - sometimes it works, sometimes it fails.
I noticed this Skip Forward/Skip Back problem a lot more yesterday. Very erratic and makes the joey seem like it's lagging.

Both Hoppers received S213 early Saturday morning. The bedroom Hopper updated without a problem. The living room lost its source of recordings window and it took a reset to restore. Both seem fine now and both are connected to the home LAN via Ethernet.

One of my Hoppers just froze up while watching a recording. First time I have ever had problem since they were installed. It then reset its self. Then I go upstairs and turn on the Joey that's linked the that Hopper, and had the "little picture" issue others have reported. I kept hitting the select button, and it started working normal again. I got S213 several days ago. Wonder why these issues are popping up now?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

new issue popped up when testing a solo hopper. went to change channel and current channel's video stayed but audio form new channel was playing. flipping streams would result in old channel fine new channel showing old channel video but audio form old channel . reboot fixed it

I'm not sure when we got the update, but we have it and for the first time we have started getting error 1303 from one of the joey's during playback of a recording.

1 of my Hoppers refused to see other Hoppers/Joeys and/or let Joeys link to them after the nightly reboot. Red button reboot fixed it.

I REALLY hope that Dish fixes the Weather Channel app on the Joeys! It is USELESS on the Joeys! Only works maybe 1 in 10 times.

Here what I can do and can't do with the new update.
1) I can switch hoppers with each joey by selecting the other hopper from whole home menu
2) I can't view other hopper recordings from the another hopper (can not see the drop down menu)
3) I can see that the other hopper is connected (when you look from the whole home from the hopper menu)

I have tried disconnecting the ethernet from one of the hoppers and let it sit overnight.
I have tried doing re button resets on both hoppers.
I have tried resetting network connections
I have tried resetting broadband connection

Nothing I have tried has brought the Hopper select button back.
both hoppers version 213, both joeys 265.

We only have 3 lines coming into the apartment.
My wiring is as follows. 3 tuner lines from dish to a duo node. Then at the duo node top host goes to L.R. hopper(ethernet connected). The first client goes to the Master BR (joey), the second client is open (nothing closing it like it is suppsed to be to prevent interferance), the second Host goes to the Office which also carries the Cable modem signal. Has a splitter one goes to the second Hopper (ethernet connected) and one to the modem. The one that goes to the Hopper also has a tap on it, one feed goes to the 2nd Joey and one goes to the 2nd Hopper. I am guessing that the office part of the system is where the problem is. Wondering if there is to much going through one cable that is preventing it from properly allowing the 1st hopper to see the 2nd hopper? Not sure.

sorry if this is a duplicate. I'm unable to transfer recordings from hopper to either of two external devices. playback from these devices is not an issue.

is anyone else having a similar issue? error number is 855 in case anyone wants to know.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Since the software updates went in on June 28th for my Hopper and Joeys they won't stay connected/linked. The Hoppers are working fine but all 3 of my Joeys keep unlinking. I have S213 in both Hoppers and S265 in all 3 Joeys. I have COAX and Ethernet Internet on one Hopper and COAX and Wireless Internet on the other Hopper. COAX only on all Joeys. I have done at least a dozen resets. Trying a hard reset on both Hoppers right now. Everything is working for now so we will see how long that lasts. I have no other issues other the the linking between the Hoppers and Joeys. Has anyone got any suggestions?
Curt:mad:

Last edited:
sorry if this is a duplicate. I'm unable to transfer recordings from hopper to either of two external devices. playback from these devices is not an issue.

is anyone else having a similar issue? error number is 855 in case anyone wants to know.

Just did a test and transferred a program to each of my EHDs. No problems.

Since the software updates went in on June 28th for my Hopper and Joeys they won't stay connected/linked. The Hoppers are working fine but all 3 of my Joeys keep unlinking. I have S213 in both Hoppers and S265 in all 3 Joeys. I have COAX and Ethernet Internet on one Hopper and COAX and Wireless Internet on the other Hopper. COAX only on all Joeys. I have done at least a dozen resets. Trying a hard reset on both Hoppers right now. Everything is working for now so we will see how long that lasts. I have no other issues other the the linking between the Hoppers and Joeys. Has anyone got any suggestions?
Curt:mad:

Did you read the thread?

Get rid of the wireless on the one Hopper and reset your entire system. You should be good and retain the same functionality.

So now it's pretty official for me, don't have the check switch issues at all anymore since 213 has come. The issue now is that to see the icon for which hopper I want to watch shows on, it disapers thus I have to reset :(

Any ideas on this issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)