Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

I've got a 1 Hopper/1 Joey system and have the S213/S265 update. I've experienced some issues on the Joey and wanted to document it hoping someone is listening. :)

First issue is related to screen artifacts that appear on the TV attached to the Joey. First thought it was the TV, but switched sources on the TV and it went away. I rebooted the Joey and the artifacts went away. It's a bit hard to describe the artifacts, but they appear at the bottom of the screen and appears to be like the tip of the corner of a window? Sometimes there is one spot, other times there are two. I can't confirm if they show up in the same place all the time, but it is very possible.

Second issue is when I turn on the TV that is attached to the Joey, sometimes it displays nothing. Most of the time I can turn off the TV and back on (sometimes a couple of times) the screen appears. Couple of times I got tired of waiting and reset the Joey by unplugging it from the wall. The TV is a Panasonic Plasma attached via the HDMI.

One last issue that I am seeing is when I watch a recorded show on the Hopper, it doesn't seem to always save where I was at when I stopped. So when I go back to watch the rest of the show, the option is to just Start Over and not Resume. I don't have many more specifics right now but will try to do more research.

I also occasionally get these artifacts. Have seen it on both Hopper and Joey.

Typically a yellow-orangeish color on the bottom of the screen. Look as if someone took a knife and stabbed the TV

The screen artifacts are cursor remnants. If you set the cursor to invisible you will not see them anymore.

2 Hoppers, 1 Joey, Internet by HIC to client port. Watching today the video froze, the sound continued on the hopper. Could not change anything with the remote. Had to red button reset.

We have 1 hopper and Two joeys. Everything is connected via ethernet and coax, however, one joey is on a different router than the hopper. This posed no problem before this latest update, however, now it searches for a signal every 20 minutes or so.

My wife is still pissed. I guess I could buy a switch for the bedroom instead of plugging it into the wireless router in there, but it is really frustrating.

If you have more than one Ethernet connection with 213, you will have problems.

This might help a lot of people with network issues (at least temporarily):

Link to Discussion: How to disable bridging on s213

Here is a temporary band aid fix that dish gave us techs yesterday to alleviate some of the issues with Joey messages 1228 1229 black screen, etc.

Warning...this will disable on demand and BB@h and other online content at the Joey, but at least you'll have TV and DVR. Again, this is a band aid. Not a fix.

From Hopper. Settings-network settings-broadband. Next hit red button and select moca. Next press blue button twice. This will display a new button that says bridging. Select it and turn bridging off. Hope this helps some of you until a real solution is released.

Channel changing is still slow. I've tried resetting hopper and Joey 5 times , resetting network settings and they don't seem to fix the speed of the channel changing. How can they advertise hopper to be fast and the most advanced DVr if it's slow at channel changing? In march it was as fast as uverese just about but it has gotten slower it seems like. They should have waited until aug to release the system. There's to many bugs people are experiencing.

If they hadn't released it, they wouldn't know about the bugs. Real world has a way of putting lab tests to shame.

If they hadn't released it, they wouldn't know about the bugs. Real world has a way of putting lab tests to shame.

More like real world has a way of putting the 4 teenage testers in their garage to shame, lol. They probably get paid in Pop Tarts.

Several occurrences today of the following...

Watching recorded material will jump to the end of the recording showing 0 time left. This happened about 4 times at either the start or end of a another timer recording.

earlier, i had reported issues with transfers from external devices moving back to internal and then to another external device.

someone else mentioned that after transfer back to internal drive recordings were unplayable.

i tested and found that this was the case for me as well. unplayable so i ended up having to delete them.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

another issue, and i honestly don't know if it is new to s213, is that the external devices don't stay consistent between resets.

so you can never be sure which device is which with more than 1 external device connected.

this isn't a big issue, and not a bug in the surgery strictest sense as it is reporting in enumeration sequence. unfortunately it wreaks havoc if you are trying to sort what goes to which drive. perhaps aliases for the devices would resolve this issue.

cheers,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Im not sure what changed, as I am still on S213, but my Autohop has finally started enabling on PTAT recordings after more then a week on hiatus. I'm hoping this is a sign my Hopper has finally decided to behave. I did have DIRT report my PTAT / Autohop issues to engineering with my Hopper receiver number, so who knows if that was related.

earlier, i had reported issues with transfers from external devices moving back to internal and then to another external device.

someone else mentioned that after transfer back to internal drive recordings were unplayable.

i tested and found that this was the case for me as well. unplayable so i ended up having to delete them...

I posted this in another thread:

Advice to anyone with EHD recordings from previous receivers: It is so easy to play EHD recordings directly from the EHD with the Hopper, don't risk transferring them at this time.

Thanks for the feedback guys! DISH is watching this thread and a number of issues reported here they are in the process of fixing.

I ask that we keep the idle chit chat to a minimum in this thread because we are getting so much valuable feedback on this issue. (Which will make it easier for the DISH guys to find new issues)

Please keep the reports coming. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Glad to hear that! I just got my Hopper and 3 Joeys last week. All is pretty well with the exception of not being able to get my previous VIP722 EHD working! This is a WD MyBook 1TB, that has been working perfectly on the 722. Now, I keep getting a message when I try to activate it, that I need to have my EHD feature activated.

To experiment, I got my self another WD MyBook 1TB unit. Hooking it up, the Hopper saw it and wanted to format it for use. So, I went an extra step and cloned my previous EHD to the new MyBook. Now, I am back in the same spot, where the Hopper thinks that my EHD feature is not activated.

When I called into tech support, he could not find any way to activate it either.

Been a happy Dish customer so far, but this needs to be resolved. It was one of the items I was told would not be a problem when I ordered this upgrade.

I am at the current S213 release.

Running both versions of the lastest software and my Hopper & Joey keep getting unlinked. This was so not an issue before the new software rolled out. An attempt to relink them yields nothing. I often have to reset just the Hopper and then things are back working again for a short while. Anyone else run into this? Thanks in advance.

Running both versions of the lastest software and my Hopper & Joey keep getting unlinked. This was so not an issue before the new software rolled out. An attempt to relink them yields nothing. I often have to reset just the Hopper and then things are back working again for a short while. Anyone else run into this? Thanks in advance.

How is your Internet connected? If more than one connection that may be the problem.

Several occurrences today of the following...

Watching recorded material will jump to the end of the recording showing 0 time left. This happened about 4 times at either the start or end of a another timer recording.

Had the same exact issue this weekend. Was watching a recorded show (non-PTAT) direct from the Hopper and the phone rang. Hit the Live TV button to stop the playback. When I went back to restart the DVR program, the Hopper was showing the program to only be 1 minute in length. Even a reset of the Hopper didn't bring the program back.

Something happened with the pointer to the start of the program which is similar to the 04 error codes from recordings copied from external hard drives. I'm wondering if the Hopper doesn't have a pointer issue. The Hopper obviously does a lot more with pointers due to PTAT than previous receivers.

Had the same exact issue this weekend. Was watching a recorded show (non-PTAT) direct from the Hopper and the phone rang. Hit the Live TV button to stop the playback. When I went back to restart the DVR program, the Hopper was showing the program to only be 1 minute in length. Even a reset of the Hopper didn't bring the program back.

Something happened with the pointer to the start of the program which is similar to the 04 error codes from recordings copied from external hard drives. I'm wondering if the Hopper doesn't have a pointer issue. The Hopper obviously does a lot more with pointers due to PTAT than previous receivers.

I have had this issue, although it has only happened on some PTAT recordings so far. It has been reported to engineering by DIRT with all of the details so hopefully if other people say they are having the same issue and get it reported it will be fixed soon.

I went and tested some programs I had transferred to the Hopper from EHD and had inconsistent results.

I never watched all of Falling Skies last season, so had saved it to my EHD from my 722 before the upgrade. When this season started, I transferred the old episodes back to the Hopper, so everything would be together in the same folder and I could start to get caught up. I would swear I originally watched those last couple of episodes from the Hopper after transfering them from the EHD, but now all I get is black screen. The "original viewing" of the old episodes would have been under 212. It is in the realm of posibility I viewed them from the EHD, but I really, really, really don't think I did that.

I also went back and looked at some other older programs I transferred from EHD back when the hopper was first installed and they seem to play fine, only the Falling Skies episodes were not playing.

I haven't had a chance to try any new transfers yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts