Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

Glad to hear that! I just got my Hopper and 3 Joeys last week. All is pretty well with the exception of not being able to get my previous VIP722 EHD working! This is a WD MyBook 1TB, that has been working perfectly on the 722. Now, I keep getting a message when I try to activate it, that I need to have my EHD feature activated.

To experiment, I got my self another WD MyBook 1TB unit. Hooking it up, the Hopper saw it and wanted to format it for use. So, I went an extra step and cloned my previous EHD to the new MyBook. Now, I am back in the same spot, where the Hopper thinks that my EHD feature is not activated.

When I called into tech support, he could not find any way to activate it either.

Been a happy Dish customer so far, but this needs to be resolved. It was one of the items I was told would not be a problem when I ordered this upgrade.

I am at the current S213 release.

I had the same issue with a 500GB WD MyBook. It used to work flawlessly with my 722, but the Hopper won't even acknowledge the EHD's existence unless I power cycle (disconnect the cord) the MyBook. ALL recordings that I transferred from the EHD to the Hopper were lost. I can still play programs that are on the EHD, if I want to go to the trouble to "re-link" it. Luckily, the lost shows were mostly 1/2-hour sitcoms that are now in reruns, but it's still very annoying. The EHD on my other Hopper (formerly on a 622) works just fine. I think that one is a Hitachi drive, but I'm not positive.
Brad

patmurphey said:
How is your Internet connected? If more than one connection that may be the problem.

It's connected via a power line adapter. The unit is also connected via coax. I never had this problem with the prior software release.

It's connected via a power line adapter. The unit is also connected via coax. I never had this problem with the prior software release.
disconnect the power line adapter connection from the Hopper and reboot the receivers. see if it stabilizes the Joey link.

I am not sure if it is coincidence or not but the day after I recieved this update, my EHD was not recognized and upon powercycle, the hopper said it had to format my drive. My EHD has occasionally required a powercycle but has always worked after doing so. Not sure why this changed all the sudden. I have nor reformatted the drive in hopes that somehow the drive will be recognized as normal. Any ideas??

I had the same issue with a 500GB WD MyBook. It used to work flawlessly with my 722, but the Hopper won't even acknowledge the EHD's existence unless I power cycle (disconnect the cord) the MyBook. ALL recordings that I transferred from the EHD to the Hopper were lost. I can still play programs that are on the EHD, if I want to go to the trouble to "re-link" it. Luckily, the lost shows were mostly 1/2-hour sitcoms that are now in reruns, but it's still very annoying. The EHD on my other Hopper (formerly on a 622) works just fine. I think that one is a Hitachi drive, but I'm not positive.
Brad

I guess what I was trying to prove is that it is not the drive at fault, but the hopper being able to recognize that this was indeed an EHD, and that the feature is enabled. As soon as I cloned the old EHD to the new one, I get the message that the EHD feature is not active on my Hopper.

May be something to do with the code level that my 722 was using? How many people here were able to bring over their EHD from VIP722 to the Hopper successfully?

I guess what I was trying to prove is that it is not the drive at fault, but the hopper being able to recognize that this was indeed an EHD, and that the feature is enabled. As soon as I cloned the old EHD to the new one, I get the message that the EHD feature is not active on my Hopper.

May be something to do with the code level that my 722 was using? How many people here were able to bring over their EHD from VIP722 to the Hopper successfully?

Yeah that would be good to know.. It might be a issue with what file format people are using on their EHD.. Some devices do not recognize NTFS it has to be FAT format.

Yeah that would be good to know.. It might be a issue with what file format people are using on their EHD.. Some devices do not recognize NTFS it has to be FAT format.

Any EHD is reformatted by the receiver to Linux ext3 format, you don't have a choice.

I brought over two WD drives without issue.

There was acknowledgement early on that there were issues with some drives, not sure if they were ever confirmed as fixed.

PM DIRT and ask them to send a re-hit as well. That has resolved some EHD issues n the past.

I brought over a 500MG MyBook WD drive from a 622 and am able to view everything so far. I have not copied anything to the hopper for fear of losing stuff. I do have an issue where the hopper forgets the EHD is connected and I have to reboot the drive to get the menu to show up.

Any EHD is reformatted by the receiver to Linux ext3 format, you don't have a choice.

Exactly, I've looked at the EHD, since it is a 1TB unit, the 722 just created 2 500GB ext3 partitions on it. One is full, the second one about 1/4 full. I had moved over all my recordings prior to the upgrade(?) to the Hopper.

I've already PM'd DIRT.

I brought over a 500MG MyBook WD drive from a 622 and am able to view everything so far. I have not copied anything to the hopper for fear of losing stuff. I do have an issue where the hopper forgets the EHD is connected and I have to reboot the drive to get the menu to show up.

I sometimes "lose" one of my EHDs on the Hopper. I think it's a startup timing issue and the EHD is not picked up at the nightly reboot. I've never seen it drop the EHD during the day.

It's rare, and but I've probably noticed it 3 or 4 times. Another reboot or a USB unplug/replug always brings it back.

One of my Hoppers suddenly decided to start recording PrimeTime Anytime even though I have it disabled on all 3. Has anyone had that issue before?

Also, The Weather Channel App is still nearly useless on the Joeys, only working 1 in 10 tries.

I had a 622 and a 722, sent recordings from 622 to EHD at 722, a WD Elements 1gb. Once I had my two Hoppas going sent recordings to Bedroom Hoppa, all works fine. I also have a LeCie with Samsung 500, it connects fine, but I do have to power it up before using it, the WD stays on all the time.

I am experiencing this same issue; Joey's randomly disconnect from Hoppers and go into a search mode. Sometime a message comes up saying that it is searching for a connection to the Hopper's name; other times it displays the Hopper R__ & S__ numbers. This seems to have started with this latest software push. Funny thing is that the Joey can be working fine for hours and then typically between 10pm and midnight (not every night) it loses connection in middle of DVR playback.

I have powered off (via plug pull) both Hoppers and all Joeys. I only have one Hopper connected to the Internet and have tightened the connections to the most troublesome Joeys. MOCA strength is strong. System includes 2 Hoppers, 6 Joeys connected through a Duo Node. Joeys are fed off of 3-way splitters connected to the two client ports on the Duo Node.

Has anyone had luck fixing this problem or am I stuck waiting for a software fix?

I am experiencing this same issue; Joey's randomly disconnect from Hoppers and go into a search mode. Sometime a message comes up saying that it is searching for a connection to the Hopper's name; other times it displays the Hopper R__ & S__ numbers. This seems to have started with this latest software push. Funny thing is that the Joey can be working fine for hours and then typically between 10pm and midnight (not every night) it loses connection in middle of DVR playback.

I have powered off (via plug pull) both Hoppers and all Joeys. I only have one Hopper connected to the Internet and have tightened the connections to the most troublesome Joeys. MOCA strength is strong. System includes 2 Hoppers, 6 Joeys connected through a Duo Node. Joeys are fed off of 3-way splitters connected to the two client ports on the Duo Node.

Has anyone had luck fixing this problem or am I stuck waiting for a software fix?

Powering off the Joey seems the only to fix it. I've had the issue quite a bit in the past with one of my particular Joeys. The latest software update seems to have helped out quite a bit. You could try powering off both the linked hopper and affected Joey. Then power on the Hopper - let it come up and then plug in the Joey. It might help. I think sometimes when the Joeys reboot versus the Hopper has a hand in the issue.

I am experiencing this same issue; Joey's randomly disconnect from Hoppers and go into a search mode. Sometime a message comes up saying that it is searching for a connection to the Hopper's name...

Have you tried without any internet connectivity at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)