Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well S215 didn't last long, looks like we had a minor tweak made and now have a new software version of S216 Spooling.

So please post your S216 thoughts and issues to this thread!

Thanks for your reports! And thanks for being SatelliteGuys! We are your Hopper experts! :)

Yeah I went from S213 straight to S216. So far so good. I'll reconnect the ethernet connection to my Joey when I get home in the hopes I don't get the dreaded 1303 error message again and again and again.

I still can't play some of the recordings transferred from my 622 :-( but other than that all looks good so far.

got 216 this morning on both hoppers. Auto hop now works from one hopper to the other. Finally I can run PTAT on only one hopper and still use autohop and open up all those other tuners for recording non network shows.

Hmm that was fast I think for most of us we did even see the S215 so we will see how long the S216 is out.. Hopefully they address some of the minor issues folks were seeing so forth..

Mine also went from 213 to 216, thus far things are looking good. I will be looking for the drop down boxes on which hooper you want to view recordings on to not disapear :)

Recording canceled by user

We updated to S216 on both hoppers overnight and the problem with timers showing as canceled by user is still occurring.

It is very easy to duplicate. Set up 3 half hour programs to record at the same time. Then create 3 new timers (all on different channels) for the next half hour. Turn off the hopper and make sure no joey is watching anything. The first 3 recordings work fine. Two of the next timers also work fine. The last timer will not record and has the message "Cancelled: By user Office".

I've tested this on both hoppers. I think that if I had been watching one of the programs on the hopper live during the test it would have asked about changing channels but nobody was watching. Normally this happens in the evening when we are watching recorded programs and it does NOT ask about changing channels when you are watching something previously recorded.

S216 on one of my Hoppers but still S213 on the other. I wish they would realease the software to all the Hoppers on the account at the same time as now I dont know if any bugs I may see are new software releated, or mismatched software releated.

We updated to S216 on both hoppers overnight and the problem with timers showing as canceled by user is still occurring.

It is very easy to duplicate. Set up 3 half hour programs to record at the same time. Then create 3 new timers (all on different channels) for the next half hour. Turn off the hopper and make sure no joey is watching anything. The first 3 recordings work fine. Two of the next timers also work fine. The last timer will not record and has the message "Cancelled: By user Office".

I've tested this on both hoppers. I think that if I had been watching one of the programs on the hopper live during the test it would have asked about changing channels but nobody was watching. Normally this happens in the evening when we are watching recorded programs and it does NOT ask about changing channels when you are watching something previously recorded.

Hmm canceled by user where the user located?? It says Office so sounds like it's remotely like from a laptop or a PC or online..

Looks like I got it on both from looking at my dish online, have to play with it tonight

Sent from my iPhone4 using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-3699195905.jpg
    image-3699195905.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 177
Hmm canceled by user where the user located?? It says Office so sounds like it's remotely like from a laptop or a PC or online..

Actually the hopper is in my office, thus named "office". It almost always says cancelled by the hopper where it is supposed to record.

Actually the hopper is in my office, thus named "office". It almost always says cancelled by the hopper where it is supposed to record.

Have you tried doing a reboot on the Hopper since this started?

I have two hoppers that received that S216 updates this morning. I have four Joeys that are all ethernet connected only (NO Coax). The only issue I see was also present in S213. The Joeys can all see each other and can see both hoppers. The hoppers are the only to devices than can see the DVR recorded programs on both hoppers. The Joeys can only see the programs on which ever hopper I choose to link them to. Connecting the MOCA to the Joeys allows them to see programming stored on both hoppers.

Note that I realize this is a symtom of the method I chose to connect my equipment. It just seems a bit odd that is the only thing that doesn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

P.S. I had to re-enable the now default disabled MOCA/Ethernet bridging on the internet connected hopper for this to continue working on S216.

I have four Joeys that are all ethernet connected only (NO Coax). The only issue I see was also present in S213....The Joeys can only see the programs on which ever hopper I choose to link them to. Connecting the MOCA to the Joeys allows them to see programming stored on both hoppers.

It's not just you, this is the same for all of us with ethernet (wired or wifi) only Joeys. The people that need to know about this at Dish are aware of it. Whether that means we will see a fix or not is anyone's guess. I'd make a small bet it will get fixed, but it may depend on whether this becomes officially supported or not.

I have two hoppers that received that S216 updates this morning. I have four Joeys that are all ethernet connected only (NO Coax). The only issue I see was also present in S213. The Joeys can all see each other and can see both hoppers. The hoppers are the only to devices than can see the DVR recorded programs on both hoppers. The Joeys can only see the programs on which ever hopper I choose to link them to. Connecting the MOCA to the Joeys allows them to see programming stored on both hoppers.

Note that I realize this is a symtom of the method I chose to connect my equipment. It just seems a bit odd that is the only thing that doesn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

P.S. I had to re-enable the now default disabled MOCA/Ethernet bridging on the internet connected hopper for this to continue working on S216.

So since the S216 your still having the issues right?? Have you ran a "Test Connection" on the Hoppers and Joey's?? Are all the devices getting IP's so forth from your router??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts