Hopper S222 Feedback

Whiteyguy said:
Ya I'm having the same problem. cannot access video on demand or bb. I have software s222. Every time i click on bb it goes black then back to live tv. I have reset it and hard reset it. I also reset network. also reset modem.

I just clicked on bb for first time and it went right into it with no problems. I did not try to view anything, just browsing.

Another first after having the Hopper since April. Last night almost everything that recorded had generic logos however the kicker is that Hawaii 5-0 and Mike & Molly carried the Speed HD logo.

Ya I'm having the same problem. cannot access video on demand or bb. I have software s222. Every time i click on bb it goes black then back to live tv. I have reset it and hard reset it. I also reset network. also reset modem.

I am having this problem AGAIN. It seems to come and go.

I too have s222 and when I try to access bb or on demand, nothing happens. I'm connected to the internet. It has work before but not with s222. dish is offering $0.10 movies and I cant get them. This hopper is becoming more of a headache every day.

Posted this in the pics missing thread but figured it also belongs here (possibly related to the logos missing).... I have only had the hopper for a little over a week but failing 2 times in a week is not terribly reliable (although the first night was probably updates).

I noticed this last night as well... the logos are there today but I noticed there were no hopper logos on the shows from last night indicating I could skip through commercials. Then I tried to play the shows from last night and all cut off after about 10 mins. This is the second time this has happened (first time was a week ago when I first night after I had the hopper/joey setup installed). Really hope this doesn't become a lingering issue because otherwise ptat is useless if I can't rely on it to work. My issue may not even be related to the logos not being there but it seems like too much of a coincidence.

hdqboss said:
If you are referring to watching shows recorded on one Hopper from another Hopper the answer is yes.

Thanks but i was referring to using a single ethernet connection for two hoppers

Thanks but i was referring to using a single ethernet connection for two hoppers

My Hoppers work with a single ethernet connection. I did reboot them simultaneously, well close to, when I connected. I turned on Bridging in the connected Hopper, I believe the unconnected Hopper defaults to off.

Last edited:
356B said:
My Hoppers work with a single ethernet connection. I did reboot them simultaneously, well close to, when I connected. I tuned on Bridging in the connected Hopper, I believe the unconnected Hopper defaults to off.

Thanks that is what is I looking for

Had something weird happen last night -- a show recording on a tuner was both unable to pause and unable to restart from the beginning until after completion of the show. My wife was not happy about this issue.

Cheers,

Having issue with 2H/2J setup w/ s222 update. Older Panasonic (pre-HDCP) TV TH-42PX60U connected via component to Hopper (sw S222). Started getting 890 HDCP error on Sunday for all HBO and Cinemax channels. Also have HDMI running to Pioneer VSX-1122 receiver and then out to Panasonic TV. Pioneer firmware is up to date.

I've been advised by tech support to update HDCP status to "yes" under settings > diagnostics > system status > page 2, but there's no way to change that status on the hopper (page 2 doesn't have an edit button). Workaround is to remove HDMI cable, reset hopper. Need the ability to update the HDCP status to "yes" on the hopper.

For Dish support, PM and I will send an account number.

When I set a daily timer, i.e. M-F for a show, the maximum saved events is not enforced. I have House Hunters set up this way with max set to 20, but now I have 24 episodes. None of them are protected either.

is anyone else getting spontaneous reboots on s222?

I've had this happen a couple of times in the last week and I haven't figured out yet what sequence of events triggers it.

This is a case where having log data access would be helpful.

Anyway, just reporting what I'm seeing.
Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks that is what is I looking for

Yep, as a matter of fact the unconnected Hopper won't allow you to turn bridging on at all, which is the way it should be. As for reboots, my three Hoppers have no issues with bridging, and none of them are ever rebooted at the same time (except in rare cases of power outage or when I reboot the DPP44.)

As far as the Hopper defaulting to My Channels, that is working by design. All the other HD DVR's do the same thing. The Joey staying on the list you leave it on is the anomaly. There are tons of people who call in due to "missing" channels when the resolution is to just set the guide list on My Channels instead of HD Only or the Favorites list they were using that don't have the missing channels on them.

As far as the Hopper defaulting to My Channels, that is working by design. All the other HD DVR's do the same thing.

They never used to.

As far as people not having the brains to use features of their DVRs, I'd say, "send it back in, we have somebody else who needs one." It's not like the DVR doesn't tell you what list you're on. (At least on the old DVRs it does, I have no idea how the Hopper does it.)

Got a new one locked content is unlocked for recording so when you hit red button and find the good stuff then live tv ..Bam Sexy time with no password needed enjoy boys!

Whom ever is doing beta testing is asleep at the switch. Dish should require 100% on line all the time and if not used for 4hrs a day no more supper gear and supper discounts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)