Hopper S222 Feedback

Is anyone experiencing a really small but noticeable stutter on the PTAT recordings. This is not the hiccup at the top or bottom of the show but anywhere in the recording.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Another weird thing... skip forward/back gets weird as you approach live. Weird as in, it'll skip unpredictable amounts in either direction.

I am having this same exact problem. I noticed it more on the joeys connected to the Hopper. I was watching a show and was fast forwarding through it at the highest rate. When I hit play, it skipped me to near the end of the program. Weird.

macphreak,

I hadnt thought of it in those terms but you are right. I dont recall seeing this happen on Hopper, just Joey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I am having this same exact problem. I noticed it more on the joeys connected to the Hopper. I was watching a show and was fast forwarding through it at the highest rate. When I hit play, it skipped me to near the end of the program. Weird.

Same thing here too. It gets even worse if you are watch a taped show on another hopper.

Later,
John

Pip is something I dont used that often but will from time to time...

Last night I had my Hopper on and it had the football game on...when I hit the red button it came up as nba league pass channel lost signal on the second tuner...

I could not click on it and not switch to it to change the channel...it is just a blue screen that says searching for signal

When I record 2 shows it takes it off the channel and I can do what I want but when a free tuner become available, the nba league pass ch 470 comes back up

When I access if from joey a black screen comes up and says push channel guide to switch channels or to restart your joey...i hit the red button 3 times and checked this morning...same thing

For some reason one tuner is stuck on this channel and wont switch on the hopper

when a joey access the channel it comes up a black screen and says program guide not found change channel...it can be changed then...just when a free tuner becomes available and i click pip...it comes up...you are not able to switch or click on the tuner after hitting the red button

when you go to ch 470 on any other hopper or receiver it comes up check back soon for your favorite sports team...for some reason when a free tuner is available...it goes back to the nba league pass ch 470 lost signal...i can pull pip u small large side by side just cant switch

also ran check switch and all are green

Ran into a weird problem this morning.

For whatever reason, every time a new software version downloads, I have to re-enable the IR remote on my Hoppers. This morning I go downstairs and turn on the TV to check the weather, and the Hopper doesn't power on. So I figure it must've pulled the S229 upgrade, right?

Of course I don't even have batteries in the real Hopper remote anymore because I control everything from the Harmony One, so I go over to the Hopper, turn it on with the front panel, go into the settings, turn on the IR, and...still nothing when I try using the One. Red button reset, and NOW the Hopper responds to the Harmony. So much for a quick weather check -- I should've just used the laptop :)

But the kicker? The Hopper is still on S222, NOT S229, so the IR didn't get disabled because of a system upgrade...

macphreak,

I hadnt thought of it in those terms but you are right. I dont recall seeing this happen on Hopper, just Joey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I notice this at times too. sometimes when you skip forward or back it just goes wherever it feels like.

Pandora Problem

Have Pandora up and running just fine but whenever I exit I can't get back to watching TV without a reboot. Tech support hasn't been able to help.

Pandora's screen offers 3 "exit" options: Live TV, Sign Out, and one other that I can't recall. I think I've even used the "cancel" and "Guide" button on the remote. All end up with a black screen although I can get the guide to show. Only solution is the re-boot. What am I missing?

We've really enjoyed Pandora and would like to figure this out.

Thanks.

jgurley said:
Have Pandora up and running just fine but whenever I exit I can't get back to watching TV without a reboot. Tech support hasn't been able to help.

Pandora's screen offers 3 "exit" options: Live TV, Sign Out, and one other that I can't recall. I think I've even used the "cancel" and "Guide" button on the remote. All end up with a black screen although I can get the guide to show. Only solution is the re-boot. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Do you still have s222 as your sw? If so, soon you will get the new sw version that may fix your issue.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Still on s222 so your probably right. I'm waiting for the latest update so I can use my OTA tuner and maybe it'll fix the Pandora problem too. Interesting though that I can't find anyone else with the exiting issue regardless of which software they're on.

Thanks for the reply.

jgurley said:
Still on s222 so your probably right. I'm waiting for the latest update so I can use my OTA tuner and maybe it'll fix the Pandora problem too. Interesting though that I can't find anyone else with the exiting issue regardless of which software they're on.

Thanks for the reply.

I did not get a black screen when I would exit Pandora, I either had a frozen screen or no sound. Changing channels a time or two would fix the problem. Now that I have the new update, everything is working great with Pandora on both hoppers and joeys.

Thanks.

jgurley...what type of TV do you have? Are you using a high quality HDMI cable between the TV and the Hopper? Some people will say it does not matter, but my personal opinion is that it does indeed. Are you having this problem only while your Hopper is recording anything or any time you try to exit Pandora? Is this a problem actually on the Hopper or when you are trying to use Pandora via a Joey (is that even possible, I only have Hoppers)? How was your install? Did you make sure to use the cabling recommending elsewhere on this board (naming escapes me at the moment since my pain meds are making me loopy)? Just some further questions to contemplate....hopefully, they may help.

Update...just used the Pandora app. Logged in, listened to a few channels, then backed out by pressing the "View Live TV" button on my Hopper remote. Screen went black for a millisecond, then right back to live TV with no loss of sound (which it used to do with S222 and no other problems). I have a Samsung flat screen and purchased a high quality HDMI cable at is used between the two. I was also in the middle of recording two other shows, so no issues there either.

Thanks.
G

Got s230 this morning and Pandora works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts