Hopper S330 and Joey's at S292 - no picture

senchin

Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hi can someone please tell me what the valid software versions are for a Hopper with Sling and Joey? I had S328 and my Joeys at S292 and both of my Joeys stopped working. No picture on anything. I get guide, I have the display, it reconnects to the Hopper after resets etc. Now I am reading that the Joeys are up to S357? Is this the required version to work? I would appreciate just a simple straight answer of what is the correct software version for this to work. If I call Dish can I ask them to resend the update for my Joey's? I spent nearly 2 hours last time on the phone with them and they were just clueless. I travel a lot for business and I am never home long enough to send a technician over etc.. I don't understand why I can't simply tell them what is needed. Can someone please shed some light on this config so when I call Dish tech I can instruct them on what they need to do?

S3.30 and S3.58 (joey) 2.92 is super old. I would turn the Hopper and Joeys off and see if they update. You can also check which software version the Hopper has available for the Joey by pressing menu 2x.

Thank you. My next question, are you required to the full Eastern Arc of 61.5, 72.7 and 77 for the Hopper and Joeys to work? I only have 72.7 and 77 running right now. Will that make a difference? Can someone please clarify?

Thank you. My next question, are you required to the full Eastern Arc of 61.5, 72.7 and 77 for the Hopper and Joeys to work? I only have 72.7 and 77 running right now. Will that make a difference? Can someone please clarify?
Usually EA custys are happy with 61.5 & 72.

Pretty sure you'll need that 61.5 and won't likely have any use at all for 77.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)