Hopper Setup Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pure life

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
California
I am trying to set up a Hopper receiver myself. Have not connected Joeys yet but proceeded to boot up the Hopper and verify signal. It goes through the Dish logo screen a few times and the Attention 833 Message screen re switches and eventually moves to another Attention 833 screen that reads "Please wait while your network table is updated." And there it stays stuck. Will not go farther than that. I've searched the forum and the web but cannot find any info re this. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

What model dish is it connected to and are you using a node and is the dish pointed correctly?

Same dish I used for my 922 receiver. I'm getting good signal and it is pointed correctly. I'm using a solo node. The setup guide warns to not connect any Joeys with coax until Hopper displays live TV, so no Joeys connected yet.

I'd try a factory reset first, and then if that doesn't work, I'd try a check switch. I know there was something about not running a check switch, but I think that was in reference to Attention 015, not Attention 833. I think.:eek:

I just installed a bought Hopper and never saw that error message. Mine did do a check switch, twice. It also checked satellite signal, twice. But I never saw the error or info you asked about.

Actually after FOUR hours stuck on the screen with that message it finally moved on in the set up wizard process, TV resolution, etc., and I am at the last step--calling Dish for activation. It said it updated the receiver with the latest software so perhaps that's what it was doing. But 4 hours seems like an inordinate amount of time. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts