Hopper Skipping PAC-12 Network in SD ?

mario315

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 20, 2008
Florida
Just noticed tonight that my Hopper Program Guide does not show the full-time SD version of the PAC-12 Network (Channel 406-01) ... It lists only the HD version which is very limited part-time and thus, has no program info most of the time.... Plus, it also skips the SD channel when channel browsing and it takes you to the HD channel with the DISH "check back later" slate.....

The only way to see the PAC-12 on the Hopper Guide is to manually change the setting to "All Channels" (then the SD channel shows up) but then it defaults back again later to "My Channels" skipping again the PAC-12 network.... Crazy !

Is everyone else also seeing this ?.... If so, shouldn't this be an urgent fix by the DISH engineers ?..... Thanks !

Menu, settings, guide settings, format guide, make sure HD and SD channels is selected, save.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

I see, so in order for us to see the PAC-12 Network on the Hopper we have to add +300 unnecessary SD duplicate channels to the Program Guide ?.... That's nuts !

I'm having the same problem. I have to see all the duplicate SD channels or no SD Pac 12 network. Dish needs to fix this soon. It worked before the move from 413 to 406. I do have my own favorites list setup and I can see the SD Pac 12 Network channel ok with that but I have a problem with the favorite list of having one of my local channels disappear for no reason. I will add it back and it will disappear again in a day or two.

I'm having the same problem. I have to see all the duplicate SD channels or no SD Pac 12 network. Dish needs to fix this soon. It worked before the move from 413 to 406. I do have my own favorites list setup and I can see the SD Pac 12 Network channel ok with that but I have a problem with the favorite list of having one of my local channels disappear for no reason. I will add it back and it will disappear again in a day or two.

I wonder if the executives at the PAC-12 Network are aware that DISH is blocking them from all the Hopper Program Guides (when there are no HD programs on)....

As more DISH subscribers convert to the Hopper there would seem to be a big Nielsen Ratings blow to the PAC-12 national ratings, especially given the absence of DirecTV from their national distribution....

I already called DISH Advanced Tech Support about this mess and it was the biggest waste of time, ie. the phone "tech" kept asking me to do a "check switch" and later wanted to replace my Hopper.... She could not grasp the concept that DISH was the one screwing this up big time, not the consumer..... She even said that their engineers "do not make these mistakes..." ... Ha !

So, my only thought is for the PAC-12 folks to raise a ruckus with the players in Denver, otherwise this incompetent piece of work will go unanswered and unresolved..... Just like the other list of Hopper issues that we've all been listing here, especially everytime there is a new software download.... Any volunteers to call PAC-12 ???

Use two EHDs on a Hopper simultaneously

612 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)