Hopper stuck at start up screen

southerlandds

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
I've had the Hopper for about two months and tonight it is stuck in the "Starting Up" screen. Rebooting over and over. Does anyone know if this could be from a software upgrade? I've only talked to one other person who has the same equipment and he too had the same issues. Anyone aware of any options other than the 5 day wait for a new receiver to be shipped?

Do you have an ehd connected? If so, try disconnecting all items from your usb ports. I had a similar problem with my old 722 fue to a failed overnight download. Once I disconnected everything from the usb port and then did a plug reboot, it finished the download and everything was OK.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. I was particullarly interested to see if this is a widespread problem. I read where some thought it was related to a recent software upgrade. If this is the case, please Dish, do the upgrades any month except March. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. I was particullarly interested to see if this is a widespread problem. I read where some thought it was related to a recent software upgrade. If this is the case, please Dish, do the upgrades any month except March. :)
It's not software, otherwise more people than you would have it. Probably the hard drive is failing. PM a Dirt member and then they will likely send you a replacement.
PS, replacement shipping is usually three days or less.

Last edited:
Your big problem is to get the recordings to an EHD soon, certainly before you get a replacement.
If you can't then you will have to accept their loss. So sorry.
Best of luck. -Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)