Hopper super dish 105 lnb compata ility

Kilgariffm

Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Belews creek nc
Just need some inside info as to what I need to do to make my Hopper with sling work with my old Super Dish 105 setup. Do I need new lnb's? Do I need to purchase the new 1000.2 hd dish? The satellite hard location is in central North Carolina. I would like to take the ability with me on the road in the RV. Do I buy something like a Sony hd blur Ray DVD with wi Fi and use my I phone or I pad while on the road. Sounds like lots of choices. I need to get it up and running first. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replace the 105 super with a 1k2. If you can get internet when you travel, you can get the Hopper with Sling and stream while you're away. If you are pretty handy with pointing the dish, you can take the dish (and node) and the hopper with you to travel.

Other than that....
If you don't already have new 110/119 lnb's, 98% chance you have lnb drift.
105 super has no bracket for 129, so you would miss most HD channels.
You would need a node and a DPP44/DPP33 (if not there already) to use existing dish.
On the plus side though, the 105 super got great signal.

Sounds like the 1000.2 dish is the best alternative. Thanks everyone for all the help. Any thoughts as to western or eastern arc needed in North Carolina? Streaming vid from home base Hopper sounds great. 110 119 129 is that right. I do have a dp34 switch

Now iam confused. Other than a new 1000.2 , what do I need to put my hopper with sling system into proper operation? I oNly want to serve 3 locations out of a possible 11. I have a central location where all 11 cable outlets terminate. Is there a difference in 1000.2 dish step ups per geographic location? Again I live in NC. THANKS

If you have a clear view farther to the west using your current dish location I'd go with western arc since you have the dish pointing in that direction already. If you are wide open to the southeast, I find the 1000.2 with the DPP Twin easier to aim from an install standpoint. You will also need a solo node to operate the hopper and 2 Joey's if you want to service 3 rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)