Hopper Tuner and Prime Time question

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I am considering a hopper and was wondering if i set up Prime Time Any Time and also have timers for individual shows does it record that show (if it occurs in prime time) twice or is it smart enough to know I want to keep something out of PTAT and flag it as a scheduled event? If it does it twice then I assume it is using 2 tuners to do that? Thanks!

If you have a timer for a PTAT event, it uses the PTAT recording for your "My Recordings". If you go to the daily schedule it will show the timer "skipped, PTAT event". If you want to edit the timer, maybe to extend the recording time, you can unskip it and it will use another tuner.

Jason Whiddon said:
You also dont have to record all the Big 4 channels. You can record 1, 2, 3 or all, and you can pick what days you want PTAT to run.

Great feature as I turn off PTAT on the weekends, and if you have two hoppers, you can turn completely off on one and access it from the other hopper

OK, since I will be using PTAT for first time tonight, want to see if I have this right, so please bear with me. Let's say I set up a normal timer for The Good Wife. So, if I did not, or forgot enable PTAT on Sundays, it would record the event like normal, and show up in My Recordings as usual. Now, if I enable PTAT, Good Wife will record ONLY via PTAT tuner...but will still show up in my recordings...without having to go the the PTAT recordings list?

For the recording to appear in MY Recordings from PTAT you have to click on the recording and select "Save Series". This creates a new timer that is automatically skipped when the program is recorded as part of PTAT.

OK, since I will be using PTAT for first time tonight, want to see if I have this right, so please bear with me. Let's say I set up a normal timer for The Good Wife. So, if I did not, or forgot enable PTAT on Sundays, it would record the event like normal, and show up in My Recordings as usual. Now, if I enable PTAT, Good Wife will record ONLY via PTAT tuner...but will still show up in my recordings...without having to go the the PTAT recordings list?

Hopefully you do not have a problem with PTAT, there have been many cases where it does not function correctly the first night using it.

Usually PTAT doesn't work the first day you enable it. Unless you have had it turned on and today is the first day you have had it set to work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

For the recording to appear in MY Recordings from PTAT you have to click on the recording and select "Save Series". This creates a new timer that is automatically skipped when the program is recorded as part of PTAT.

Not the only way! It will do the same if you set a regular timer from the guide.

I have a regular timer set for the Good Wife and it gets skipped every week, but a recording shows up in my tv series folder, along with one in my PTAT folder too. The cool thing is that the one recording for the Good Wife in my tv series folder will start where it is supposed to the next day after the daily update for auto hop. This is cool when the shows go over due to football games.

Usually PTAT doesn't work the first day you enable it. Unless you have had it turned on and today is the first day you have had it set to work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Just enabled today, and working according to "receiver status". Truth be told later on.

I have a regular timer set for the Good Wife and it gets skipped every week, but a recording shows up in my tv series folder, along with one in my PTAT folder too. The cool thing is that the one recording for the Good Wife in my tv series folder will start where it is supposed to the next day after the daily update for auto hop. This is cool when the shows go over due to football games.

Newb question: Does it end when it is supposed to as well? I thought PTAT only records until 11/10PM (depending on time zone)?

Newb question: Does it end when it is supposed to as well? I thought PTAT only records until 11/10PM (depending on time zone)?

I have my timer set for an hour over on Good Wife. The next day when I try to watch it after auto hop , it starts at the beginning where it should , but I don't notice if it continues way over, because I only watch the Good Wife. The main thing is even if it starts later than the timer is set for, the auto hop feature will start it where it is supposed to start at the beginning. If I watch it before auto hop is downloaded, I get the entire recording where it would of started at ,say 8:30pm continue till the recording stops. So I might get the Amazing race where it is when the recording starts and then the Good Wife on the end. The auto hop edits it and makes the timer start where it is supposed to . Cool.

I have my timer set for an hour over on Good Wife. The next day when I try to watch it after auto hop , it starts at the beginning where it should , but I don't notice if it continues way over, because I only watch the Good Wife. The main thing is even if it starts later than the timer is set for, the auto hop feature will start it where it is supposed to start at the beginning. If I watch it before auto hop is downloaded, I get the entire recording where it would of started at ,say 8:30pm continue till the recording stops. So I might get the Amazing race where it is when the recording starts and then the Good Wife on the end. The auto hop edits it and makes the timer start where it is supposed to . Cool.

So, you can add time to the regular timer, it records on the PTAT tuner, and auto hop removes commercials and moves the beginning of the recording to the actual start time? Sounds too good to be true.

Ted

Last edited: