Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Scheduled to start tonight the Hopper Platform will be getting software upgrades.

No Bluegras this update is NOT the new Carbon UI software. There still is not release date for that.

Starting at 11PM Mountain Time tonight and continuing through the next few weeks the following updates will be going out.

Hopper - S611
Hopper w/Sling - S526
Super Joey - S580
Joey - S395/S487
Wireless Joey - S487

There is no word on what if anything is new in this software.

There is no way to force your receiver to download the new software. Your receiver will get it when it gets in. :)

Well obviously something is new, or it wouldn't be a software update. Maybe it's a pre-cursor to Carbon to get everyone's Hoppers ready.
Not necessarily new features, it could be and most likely is bug fixes. Pre-cursor to Carbon UI is likely as well.

Last edited:
Plus the people who may already have the new Carbon UI are not allow to talk about as they are people Dish assigned to test it for major bugs. I'm not one of those Carbon UI tester as my Hopper with Sling is currently the S525 and the Joey in my room is S486.

I bet this update includes the "New Hopper Experience App" that shows off the new UI. From what I understand, that app was released prematurely, but was pulled when a bug was discovered that would stop the remote from working with some Hoppers. I never experienced this bug when I used the app.

me neither when i used the app i never experenced the bug also
I bet this update includes the "New Hopper Experience App" that shows off the new UI. From what I understand, that app was released prematurely, but was pulled when a bug was discovered that would stop the remote from working with some Hoppers. I never experienced this bug when I used the app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)