Hopper upgrade - equipment question

Timmernator

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Trying to decide on equipment - can someone tell me the advantages of a Hopper+Joey+SuperJoey vs. 2 Hoppers+2 Joeys? Thanks...

Forgot to add I have an OTA attic antenna and will want a 4-tv (3 now, adding soon) setup. I assume I'll have to splurge for the OTA module.

Also, how is PIP handled?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Saving 2 dollars. Disadvantage is if the hopper goes out, then everything goes out. With dual hopper if one goes out there is still another. Also in the hopper+SJ all timers can be maintained throughout the whole home. The two hoppers have to be done by the hopper or a Joey linked to the hopper to maintain the timers and edit them. I prefer the two hopper set up. Worth it to me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
PIP uses two tuners on the Hopper. There is a PIP button at the bottom and you can size them how you like. There is also a Swap button that lets you switch between the programs making one bigger the other smaller and vice versa. PIP does not work on a Joey so 2 Hoppers might be better for you if it is an important feature. You can also use the Swap without PIP being active.

Thanks for your replies, guys. Have a 2-Hopper system w/ a Joey and an OTA module on the way for install next Wednesday, all thanks to DIRT's mikeH!
:D

And that's why I went for the 2-hopper setup. Joey will be in a bedroom where I don't need PiP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts