Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HOPPER AND JOEY

PLEASE EXPLAIN

I FINALLY GOT THE HOPPER SYSTEM TODAY AFTER A WEEK OF THEM SENDING THE WRONG EQUIPMENT AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE ME 7.00 MORE A MONTH FOR A JOEY AND 4.00 A MONTH FOR WHOLE HOME DVR SERVICE WAIT A MINUTE I THOUGHT I WAS ALREADY PAYING 6.00 FOR DVR SERVICE WITH THE HOPPER THE JOEY JUST MIRRORS THE IMAGE FROM THE HOPPER AND USES THE DVR SERVICE THROUGH THE HOPPER THUS ELIMINATING THE EXTRA CHARGES IM NOT PAYING TWICE FOR DVR SERVICE OR A RECEIVER THE JOEY IS NOT A RECEIVER ITS A TRANSCEIVER ITS NOT MY FAULT THE HOPPER REQUIRES EXTRA EQUIPMENT AND IM NOT PAYING FOR IT I HAVE AN AD I GOT IN THE MAIL AND ALL IT SAYS IS FREE HOPPER PLUS RECEIVER FEES NOTHING ABOUT A JOEY AND FREE INSTALLATION IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME 7.00 FOR A RECEIVER YOU CAN HOOK UP ANOTHER HOPPER

WHEN I CALLED TO GET THE SERVICE I TOLD HER I WANTED THE HOPPER SYSTEM AND THE LADY QUOTED ME A PRICE INCLUDING TAX AND THAT'S WHAT I EXPECT TO PAY ITS NOT MY FAULT THEY SENT THE WRONG EQUIPMENT TO BEGIN WITH THE RECEIVER THEY SENT ME THE FIRST TIME WAS A VIP722K AND DIDN'T REQUIRE EXTRA EQUIPMENT FOR THE EXTRA TV BUT AGAIN ITS NOT MY FAULT

Last edited:
PLEASE EXPLAIN

I FINALLY GOT THE HOPPER SYSTEM TODAY AFTER A WEEK OF THEM SENDING THE WRONG EQUIPMENT AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE ME 7.00 MORE A MONTH FOR A JOEY AND 4.00 A MONTH FOR WHOLE HOME DVR SERVICE WAIT A MINUTE I THOUGHT I WAS ALREADY PAYING 6.00 FOR DVR SERVICE WITH THE HOPPER THE JOEY JUST MIRRORS THE IMAGE FROM THE HOPPER AND USES THE DVR SERVICE THROUGH THE HOPPER THUS ELIMINATING THE EXTRA CHARGES IM NOT PAYING TWICE FOR DVR SERVICE OR A RECEIVER THE JOEY IS NOT A RECEIVER ITS A TRANSCEIVER ITS NOT MY FAULT THE HOPPER REQUIRES EXTRA EQUIPMENT AND IM NOT PAYING FOR IT I HAVE AN AD I GOT IN THE MAIL AND ALL IT SAYS IS FREE HOPPER PLUS RECEIVER FEES NOTHING ABOUT A JOEY AND FREE INSTALLATION IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME 7.00 FOR A RECEIVER YOU CAN HOOK UP ANOTHER HOPPER

WHEN I CALLED TO GET THE SERVICE I TOLD HER I WANTED THE HOPPER SYSTEM AND THE LADY QUOTED ME A PRICE INCLUDING TAX AND THAT'S WHAT I EXPECT TO PAY ITS NOT MY FAULT THEY SENT THE WRONG EQUIPMENT TO BEGIN WITH THE RECEIVER THEY SENT ME THE FIRST TIME WAS A VIP722K AND DIDN'T REQUIRE EXTRA EQUIPMENT FOR THE EXTRA TV BUT AGAIN ITS NOT MY FAULT

The Joey is a receiver, and can view a separate channel than the Hopper. It does use the Hopper's tuners to do this. The $4 Whole-Home fee does apply if you have a Hopper on the account, whether or not you have a Joey connected to this.

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can review the situation further.

That post made my eyes hurt. HD is a whole 'nother animal from SD. If you want unmirrored HD at TV2, you need the Joey. The Joey is still a set top box just like any other sat receiver. The previous duo DVRs could get away with no equipment needed at TV2 because TV2 was SD. It's just like with basic cable (which is now becoming defunct.)

The $4 whole-home fee will soon be merged with the $6 DVR fee for all Hopper accounts. So no longer is the extra $4 just for whole-home. The ViP 922 also has the same fee, but with a lot less functionality. So it's not really that bad.

I am thinking about upgrading to two hopper/two joey system but have some questions. Thanks,

My second tv is sd only and doesnt display the guide correctly ive tried zooming all the way in but it doesnt help the writing is to small I cant read it there needs to be more options in format guide like how many rows instead of having to deal with 9 rows and the ability to zoom in more but the screen adjustment works great except the ability to only zoom in so far

Thats where they get you nothing is free all these fees the woman I talked to told me no hidden fees I know its 4 dollars but it adds up plus tax 6 for dvr fee and 4 for whole home dvr=10 plus tax the same cost if I upgrade to the top 200

Thats where they get you nothing is free all these fees the woman I talked to told me no hidden fees I know its 4 dollars but it adds up plus tax 6 for dvr fee and 4 for whole home dvr=10 plus tax the same cost if I upgrade to the top 200

Can you please PM one of here at DIRT and we will try to assist you further? Thank you!

I would like to upgrade to a Hopper with two to three Joeys. I am currently scheduled to do this, but I want to know why some people are getting to do this for free and I have to pay $100? When I upgraded to a 922, I paid something like $400 I think? I see some people here got THAT free too. I think it is my turn to get something free. I have been a Dish customer for over 8 years. Help?

I would like to upgrade to a Hopper with two to three Joeys. I am currently scheduled to do this, but I want to know why some people are getting to do this for free and I have to pay $100? When I upgraded to a 922, I paid something like $400 I think? I see some people here got THAT free too. I think it is my turn to get something free. I have been a Dish customer for over 8 years. Help?

Please send me a PM with your account or phone number and your four digit security code. I will review your account and see what offers are available to you. Thank you!

I dont get internet in my area everyone wants to charge an arm and a leg so my hopper and joey system is really useless everything should work through the satellite without internet for people like me it makes more since plus it would be a lot more secure

I have a 722K and a 211K -- had both for a little less than a year. I really dislike the 722K's DVR features - it always makes a huge time jump when rewinding (like if you go just a little too far when skipping a commercial) and takes you back over a minute. In over a decade of DVR use (I have the original TIVO) I ave never had a similar problem with any DVR's features or operation. Interested in upgrading to the Hopper but need to know the REAL costs as long as they are reasonable, I will be happy to upgrade.

Scottie

Just got Dish on July 4th. I got a Hopper and a Joey. I already see that three tuners is not enough. With Directv I had 4 tuners and I thought I could get by with 3, but it isn't working. With two things recording, the Wife and I can't each watch different shows in the living room and the bedroom. I would like to get rid of the Joey and get another Hopper.

Just got Dish on July 4th. I got a Hopper and a Joey. I already see that three tuners is not enough. With Directv I had 4 tuners and I thought I could get by with 3, but it isn't working. With two things recording, the Wife and I can't each watch different shows in the living room and the bedroom. I would like to get rid of the Joey and get another Hopper.

If you would still like to talk via PM, please send me one. 2H/0J is not something that we would be able to setup.

Hey guys! We're getting a lot of requests for 2H/0J and 2H/1J setups. I just wanted to post that this is something that we are still not able to setup (I have spoken with Zach and Mike on this as well). There are certain scenarios where we can setup 1H/0J, but not always.

Bump

Status
Please reply by conversation.