Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have two VIP622 DVRs and recently had the hdd go out on one of them. Would love to see what it would take to upgrade to 1 hopper w. sling, two joeys, and possibly the OTA Module.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen helped me get everything setup and was quick and very nice.

I have two 722K's that I was looking into upgrading at some point, and I priced everything out with DIRT. But suddenly one of the two has fallen apart in a way I've never seen before. It won't reboot and every time it tries I get a weird message that says:

"Warning: Boot recovery...Bootstrap ID", and a long wait for a status bar to fill up. But then when that's done, it just starts the process over.

So my question is: If I need to replace a receiver, should I just schedule an upgrade, or does the process have to be different since I have a broken receiver?

Potential Upgrade to Hopper

I would also like info on upgrading to a Hopper with Sling. My current setup is 1 VIP622 HD DuoDVR, 2 VIP211K (one leased and one purchased), and 1 VIP211. I would certainly like to upgrade to a Hopper with Sling and how ever many Joeys are necessary, although having DVR functionality on all boxes is not required. I would even keep some of my old boxes if necessary. In saying all of this, I wouldn't want a significant increase in my monthy bill; so, I don't even know if that is an option. I would certainly think that I would be due an upgrade since it has been so long since I upgraded my DVR. Please let me know what my options are and/or any other info that you need from me. If someone from DIRT could contact me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help!!

I have 2 hoppers and am interested in upgrading to 2 HWS. Can someone from DIRT contact me? Thanks. Jason

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Current customer off contract with a ViP 722k, ViP 622, and 4 TV's connected. I was interested in upgrading to a Hopper system and was wondering if someone could contact me with some info. Thanks.

I would like to upgrade to the new hopper from the old hopper. Can someone contact me?
?Thanks

Last edited:
I have a 625dvr for livingroom and master bed, and a 322 for son's bedroom and guest room. Please tell me how much more a month it will be to upgrade to a hopper and 3 joey system. Thank you.

I currently have (2) 622's and (1) 722K. I also have an OTA tuner hooked up to one of my 622's.

I'm really interested in learning more about the Hopper system and how it would work specifically for me if I upgrade. Obviously I'm also interested in what the cost vs my current setup would be. I can provide more details in PM when someone gets in touch with me.

Thanks in advance.

I currently have two original Hoppers and four Joeys and would like to upgrade one of my Hoppers to a Hopper with Sling (HWS). Could someone from DIRT please contact me to help me review my options? Thanks!

Hi, I am looking to upgrade from a 722k and 2 211s to a Hopper and 2 Joeys. I've Been a customer for right at two years. Any help appreciated

I'm on my second flakey 622 and think it might be time for a change, anyone wanna help?

disregard, my 622 hard drive just failed, already called for the replacement.

Upgrade Question

So, here's my situation:

Been subscriber for about 12 years. Currently Out of contract with a 722 and two 211's. Would like to upgrade to a HopperWS configuration without substantial price increase. My 722 feeds a guest bedroom TV, and would like to keep that fourth TV. The 722 is on its way out HD crashes and reformats on occasion.

Close friend of mine told me he was able to negotiate a deal for a four TV setup with 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, that increased his bill by $10. I can't see how this is possible from the price breakdowns I've seen, but If anyone thinks this is attainable, I would be interested.

Thanks!

Upgrade wanted

My house has a 722 and a 922. I would like to get rid of the buggy 922 entirely, use a new hopper with sling for the house, and keep the 722 for tailgating. Is this possible?

Your best and fastest way to upgrade is to PM a member of DIRT directly rather than wait for them to see your post and respond. That's what I did when I upgraded to 2 HWS's

Status
Please reply by conversation.