Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi,

I am just doing a little research on the Hopper. I need to know what equipment I need as well as what the changes would be to the bill.

First, a little background. I have a 722k, a 211k with an external hard drive, and a 211k without a hard drive. The 211k's are both on their own HDTV. The 722k has one tuner to an HDTV and the second tuner on two SDTVs that share the signal.

My goal would be to have the same situation. I would like to have a hopper for one HDTV, a joey for each the other two HDTVs, and a Joey for the two SDTVs to share. Thing is I don't know if this is possible.

From what I gather, I would get 1 hopper and three joeys. If I wanted to get it where I could access primetime anytime, I would need 1 hopper, 2 joeys, and 1 super joey. Am I reading this correctly?

Furthermore, I want an OTA adapter so I can receive OTA channels throughout the home. Hopefully this is possible.

If someone who can answer my questions could contact me, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

Last edited:
Would like to add an additional Joey onto my account. Have 2 Hoppers w/ Sling and a Joey. Already prewired the house with a coax to both kids bedrooms, but now the younger one wants his own TV. So would like to put a box in there, but when I called Dish they said it would be a $95 installation fee, or Home protection at $8 for minimum 6 months. All to just plug in a box.

Is it possible to have a Joey shipped to me and plug it in myself for no installation fee? I know I'll be paying $75/month extra anyway for the additional box.

Sorry for the double post. I put this in the Joey thread and perhaps it belongs here.

I'd appreciate being contacted to upgrade from a 722K to a HSW and a Super Joey, and from dual Dish 500s to a 1000.2 WA. Simple install - all necessary cables are in place to receiver locations.

Currently out of contract and looking to upgrade or change providers.

Thanks!

Doug

I presently have the original Hopper and one Joey. I would like to add another couple of tuners. Would like to switch out my regular Joey for a Hopper w/sling. Can a DIRT member please PM me?

I currently have two original Hoppers and two Joey (only one in-use), and am interested in pricing info to upgrade to two Hoppers w/Sling and ONE Joey (return the other... not using and looking to save $7/mo). Please PM me when you get a chance. Thx!

Hi, I am wanting to upgrade two VIP722s a 525, 625 with Hopper w/Sling + and several Joeys. PM me for account information. Thx

Wanted to upgrade from first generation Hopper to second generation hopper w/sling. Have one hopper and one joey. wanted second generation to allow netflex. Account info:XXXXXXXXXXXX. Thank you, dshu

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post your account info in a public forum.
Check the front page of this forum and look for helpers on line listed in RED. These are Dish reps that can help you. Send them a private message (start a conversation).

Reactions: dshu
Please don't post your account info in a public forum.
Check the front page of this forum and look for helpers on line listed in RED. These are Dish reps that can help you. Send them a private message (start a conversation).
Thank you TNGTony

Looking to upgrade from a VIP722K to a Hopper w/ Sling. I have 3 rooms for TV and I am not sure what the best Joey options are. It has been years since I made any changes to my account.

Thank you

Been a Dish customer for many moons- over 10 years- I currently have a VIP 622 in living room and a VIP612 in the bedroom. I watch mainly local channels and home/cooking channels. I am paying 80 dollars a month in Dish. Wondering if it's time to upgrade to some new technology. I have: nice surround system with a programmed Universal remote (I know I will have to pay the price for my local entertainment installer to come reprogram it for about 100 dollars) I have Netflix, wifi, etc. Just wonder what benefits I would get and the cost of upgrading to some newer technology. Also, wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the SlingTV before I do anything. I do have an outdoor mounted HD antenna for locals. Just don't currently use it. HELP??

I don't see any DIRT members online at the moment, so I'll post this here: I'm interested in upgrading from an original Hopper and Joey1.0 to a Hopper w/Sling and Super Joey. Please PM me for my account details. I'll check back later, and if I see a DIRT member online, I'll start the PM conversation.

Thanks,

- Paul

I don't see any DIRT members online at the moment, so I'll post this here: I'm interested in upgrading from an original Hopper and Joey1.0 to a Hopper w/Sling and Super Joey. Please PM me for my account details. I'll check back later, and if I see a DIRT member online, I'll start the PM conversation.

Thanks,

- Paul

I checked back later and found Jason S from DIRT online. He took care of me. New HWS and Super Joey are coming Saturday morning. Thanks Jason!

- Paul

I would like to upgrade from a hopper and 2 Joeys to a hopper with sling and super joeys, I would like the netflix capability and the wife REALLY wants to be able to record more than 2 shows and watch a 3rd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts