Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can upgrade while under a contract. The contract just gets extended to 24 months from the upgrade.

How long under a current contract do you have to wait in order to get the upgrade deal? Just trying to plan when we will be upgrading, again if we do that is.

Wanting to upgrade from 722/211 to a Hoppper/Joey, is it easier to call and talk to a CSR or get a DIRT PM? I guess DIRT can PM me and let me know?

EDIT: Helped/Contacted

Last edited:
How long under a current contract do you have to wait in order to get the upgrade deal? Just trying to plan when we will be upgrading, again if we do that is.
I upgraded to HD back in August with a new 24-month agreement, and I was quoted the $100 upgrade per hopper...so I'd say no more than 6 months.

I upgraded to HD back in August with a new 24-month agreement, and I was quoted the $100 upgrade per hopper...so I'd say no more than 6 months.

I am 8 months into a new contract and my price was $500 for a 1H/3J system, but they told me to check back next month as I might be eligable then...so maybe at 9 months, idk.

I'm sure other factors calculate into it...I've been on AT250 and its incarnations for many years, and have been a customer for 10+ years straight.

I'm sure other factors calculate into it...I've been on AT250 and its incarnations for many years, and have been a customer for 10+ years straight.

Agree. I've been a customer since 2000. I just added a receiver to my account in December and agreed to a 24 month commitment. I was still able to get 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys for $200 and agree to a new 24 month term.

Zach is just about out of here for the evening. Mary, Raymond G. and myself will be here.

Anyone interested in getting a Hopper and Joey setup, please send one of us a PM with your phone number or account number, along with what kind of setup you are looking for.

Please keep in mind we do already have quite a few PMs, so our responses may not be as "speedy" as normal (I have 15 waiting currently)

Agree. I've been a customer since 2000. I just added a receiver to my account in December and agreed to a 24 month commitment. I was still able to get 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys for $200 and agree to a new 24 month term.

What will your monthly be with this???

Someone from dirt please contact me about hopper

I've tried all morning to get the hopper but dish wants 300 bucks and I don't have that kind of money. They refuse to cut me a price break. Honestly the 722k sucks and the hopper is way better from what I heard. Ive been arguing with customer service all morning about the price. I don't expect free but even 100 bucks in the price would greatly help.

there is a dedicated thread about this and that's the place to ask for DIRT to PM you.

they are very busy and you'll have better luck posting there than starting a new thread which they won't have time to look at

What will your monthly be with this???

Blockbuster@home $10 + AT200 $59.99 + DVR Service $6 + Protction Plan $6 + 2nd Hopper $7 + Joey $7 + Joey$7 + Whole Home DVR Service $4 + Superstation KTLA $2= $108.99 plus taxes.

This is lower than the 121.99 that I'm currently paying.

Helped/Contacted

Might as well add me to the PM list. Looking forward to the Hopper! I want just two Hoppers, but if I need a 2H/1J Joey, I'll stick a Joey on my pc monitor. I have an HDMI input there.

Last edited:
I also spoke to dish this AM and they wanted $315 to upgrade (200 hopper, 100 joey, 15 install fee). I'm about 9 months into my original contract. Not sure if DIRT can do anything regarding price or even provide a timeline on when i may be able to upgrade for less? If so, please PM me. I'd really like to be able to get HD in my bedroom finally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts