Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is this due to the fact that the Hoppers aren't integrated yet? What happens after the integration is in place?
I would guess it's pure economics. The choices were on that price sheet and it was apparently based on the number of TVs serviced. Four TVs gave you a choice, but with anything else it seemed predetermined...

Ah, but the tin men said it was just an estimator, not to be taken as gospel :)

We understand that some are reporting that they are having 2H/1J installed. At this time, there must be a Joey for each Hopper on the account. We are not able to set up upgrades that install 2 Hoppers, and 1 Joey.

If someone was setup to be installed with 2H/1J, will you please send me a PM so that I can double check your order? Thank you!

Thank You Sir!......May I Have Another?

Actually, I do thank you. I can now abandon any plans to move to H/J and concentrate on organizing my EHDs.

I wonder if I bought one of those Joeys ($149) in the 2 Hopper/2 Joey upgrade, could I then deactivate it, so I'd have the 2 Hopper/1 Joey install I could live with. Or even buy BOTH Joeys and deactivate both, then have the 2 Hopper install that I really want. Otherwise, I'd either have to learn to live with 3 instead of 4 tuners, and no redundancy - or watch my bill go up $13.

You know, I just shoulda known........ :mmph:

We understand that some are reporting that they are having 2H/1J installed. At this time, there must be a Joey for each Hopper on the account. We are not able to set up upgrades that install 2 Hoppers, and 1 Joey.

If someone was setup to be installed with 2H/1J, will you please send me a PM so that I can double check your order? Thank you!

I just installed 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys in my house and the 2 Joeys only linked with one Hopper. I wasn't able to link one of them to the other Hopper. It will work for now but it seemed odd. Any idea about that?

DIRT PM ME please when you get time :)

I need DIRT I just noticed something else on my account, I have two Advanced Exchanges on my account for a VIP 722, I only have one VIP 722 on my account period. The other receiver was an owned 625 that I was told to keep (use as a paperweight or a doorstop)

I have had nothing but problems with this and i'm starting to get frustrated but I have been polite everytime. I do understand its launch day, and I do understand this is Dish Network (these things usually happen)

If someone can contact me I can give you the RMA # that I have that the DIRT team member Alicia gave to me when DISH Online Chat CSRs screwed up. I'm assuming the other RMA # is from the DISH Online Chat CSR.

Also since no one has clearly stated this for me yet, do I actually have to send in my receiver before my Hoppers/Joeys are set up meaning that I will be without Dish service for a couple of weeks or do I send the receiver back when my new ones are activated by the installer.

I just installed 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys in my house and the 2 Joeys only linked with one Hopper. I wasn't able to link one of them to the other Hopper. It will work for now but it seemed odd. Any idea about that?
I bet you need a isolator in-till they get the software to make them talk.

Greetings,

I was just told by Dish that I could not upgrade from my current 922 & 622 to a Hopper & a Joey. They would only allow me to "upgrade" to two 612's. Quite an upgrade there - drop down to a smaller disk drive - but it was free!

Any guidance at all why a 15 year customer with a full programming package - who was an early 922 adopter and Revue owner (based on "never to occur" 922 integration) would be told that Hopper was not available unless I purchased multiple Joeys per Hopper? Other than trying to maximize current Dish revenue per available Hopper?

Please advise - I am looking at DirecTV's offerings right now based on that answer.

Cheers.

Strange...I'm a 15 year customer with a 922 only, Top 200 package, no Premiums...I have an install set for Saturday for 1 Hopper only. They then gave me $5/month off the first 6 months of the Protection Plan, and then said the install would be free, along with any shipping fees if the receiver craps out.

i need help called dish this morning told me it would be 600 to upgrade i said no thanks i thought it was a problem s i decd to call back later which i did that csr told me for 1 hopper 2 joeys which is what i want it would be $99 i did not have my credit card with me so i tld them when i got home i would chat to set it up so i did at when i got home went online and chatted that person told me it would be 200 for hopper plus 100 for each joey total cost 400 i just dont understand why so much confusion could you please help me i want 1 hopper 2 joeys or the 99 i was quoted for earlier today
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)